Why become a member? ×

Just ordered an Eden WT550...

wateroftyne

Hi all

Yep, that's right. I just ordered one from Andertons (thanks for the link, Stingrayfan!). What's more, I've never played one in my life. YIKES!

I've had my eye on one for a while... I'm not a transparent HiFi type. I like my bass to sound like it's going though an amp, if you know what I mean.

I'm looking for a P'n'flats, round Jamerson/Dunn/JPJ tone, but something that'll also cope well with my fretless P. The Markbass and Thunderfunk haven't rang my bell so... time to gamble!

Have i done the right thing?

Bring it on!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='40453' date='Aug 2 2007, 02:21 PM']..... Have i done the right thing?.........[/quote]
Of course you have. You know it makes sense!

I'm just off to test the (last!) WT550B and a WT800B. I was down there last week and one of the WT800's had a faulty treble pot so I'm checking out the other one. Fingers crossed.

Judging from your description of sounds and other amps you didn't get on with then I'd say it was a pretty sensible gamble. Lets face it, unless you've got a selection of very good music shops nearby then you always end up having to buy stuff to try it out and then sell it; that's why the classifieds are so bloody active!

[quote name='G-bitch' post='40493' date='Aug 2 2007, 03:49 PM']Marshal guitar amps are gold; you may wish to re-consider that statement :)[/quote]

My guitarist uses a Marshall 2x12 cab from the mid-'80s - sounds great. There have been a lot of great guitar amps from Marshall over the years. It's a shame about all the cr@p they put out too, especially in recent years.

[quote name='G-bitch' post='40512' date='Aug 2 2007, 04:27 PM']That came out wrong - I was only jibing because they're *spit spit spit* g***tar amps :)[/quote]

I Love Goooooooooooold!

[quote name='chris_b' post='40457' date='Aug 2 2007, 02:42 PM']I'm just off to test the (last!) WT550B and a WT800B. I was down there last week and one of the WT800's had a faulty treble pot so I'm checking out the other one. Fingers crossed.[/quote]
Well, I just came home from Andertons with a WT800B!!!!! Not sure why I did that!!

I'm gonna throw the cat amongst the pigeons as they say!

As a proud owner of the Thunderfunk, i'm surprised you can't get that tone! When looking to buy mine, i spent tonnes of time trying out different amps etc, and i'd settled on an Eden, i loved the warmth and tone i got from one...but then Flanker unleashed his Thunderfunk on me, and...well...wow!!!!!

Just surprised a little i guess, however, the Edens are great amps!!! Enjoy it!

OMG x 2

It's bliddy marvellous. I love this thing.. it's so warm'n'punchy'n'cliche-after-cliche.

better than I hoped it would be, in fact. I love it.

However...

The fan is awry. It buzzes like a wasp looking for a kebab and a fight on a saturday night. I'll have to email Eden and find out what the crack is...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='41470' date='Aug 5 2007, 02:44 AM']OMG x 2

It's bliddy marvellous. I love this thing.. it's so warm'n'punchy'n'cliche-after-cliche.

better than I hoped it would be, in fact. I love it.

However...

The fan is awry. It buzzes like a wasp looking for a kebab and a fight on a saturday night. I'll have to email Eden and find out what the crack is...[/quote]

Love a (reasonably) happy ending. Congrats!