Why become a member? ×

Black Friday Deals has started. Give your heads up

KingPrawn

Cycling '74 have some very good offers. I just took out a student one year subscription on Max MSP for £30. I usually ignore Black Friday, I'm not one for buying something I don't need, just because it might, or as is often the case, is not discounted. In this case I was going to subscribe anyway.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, leftybassman392 said:

Heads up: don't spend money you don't have to spare on stuff you probably don't need. :)

Meryl Streep: And the coveted 2019 BassChat award for Least Heeded Advice goes to ...

(opens envelope excessively slowly, drags out tension, pin drops)

Streep: LeftyBassman!!!

(Camera cuts to celebs whooping and cheering. Elderly gent totters to feet, waves at crowd. Runner-up TimR sobs into his napkin).

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, leftybassman392 said:

Heads up: don't spend money you don't have to spare on stuff you probably don't need. :)

Basses and bass kit fall into the exceptional need category.  This category of purchases is deemed essential to life function, happiness, stardom, sexual prowess, fame, playing ability, tone (underline all applicable).. :)

Edited by 3below
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Where'd you spot that ? Scanning their site now and don't see it.

It’s here, I’m sorely tempted as the sound reviews on YouTube are great

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180430326838008--fender-player-tele-butterscotch-blonde-mn-electric-guitar?gclid=CjwKCAiA_f3uBRAmEiwAzPuaM4Mfp77qvWCn14hjKla4sMZWYHEW3A12VgFGfkw9eRmXM370foIStRoC4kUQAvD_BwE

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

Never would have looked at the guitar section 😀

KZ Official Store on AliExpress have the ZS10 at £22 delivered if anybody was wanting in ears or just some earphones which sound great for silent bass practice:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32859161944.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.7b573c00ceAOCn&mp=1

Ordered a second set to use at home when learning songs.

Edited by lemmywinks

9 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

KZ Official Store on AliExpress have the ZS10 at £22 delivered if anybody was wanting in ears or just some earphones which sound great for silent bass practice:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32859161944.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.7b573c00ceAOCn&mp=1

Ordered a second set to use at home when learning songs.

So are these decent? do they come with different sized rubbery bits? I've got big ears so need big rubbery bits! 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Elfrasho said:

So are these decent? do they come with different sized rubbery bits? I've got big ears so need big rubbery bits! 

Yeah they're the recommended first in ear on this forum! Can handle a lot of low end, I use them live now but I bought a second set for my little mixer at home. They do come with different rubber bits, I use the largest ones (I'm 6'6" with proportionately large ears!) and they're fine. I think the generic rubber ear inserts you can get fit too.