Why become a member? ×

Why is picking a band name so bloody hard?

Newfoundfreedom

1 minute ago, Barking Spiders said:

S' easy . Two words,  second word, name of a small to medium mammal or insect (just small, unless you've seen a medium or large one).  First word, pretty much any adjective of your choice.  Job done.

"Tasty Vole"

"Sexy Cockroach"

"Murderous Shrew"

no - it's not working

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Don't worry @Newfoundfreedom, this is not just a band thing. Even with something far less important, and no copyright worries people have problems coming up with names. I run a few charity pub quizzes and asking people (not regular quizzers) for a team name is like swimming through mud. The worst is when someone thinks of something stunningly original (like Norfolk n' Chance) 😒

"Hello Cleveland! We are Swimming Through Mud!" Any glam covers band looking a name, you can have that one on me (us) :D

• Like 1

Take a book of the shelf (randomly) open it. I just did it first thing that caught my eye ... Heyday. great band name. It actually doesn't matter because a crap name in the end becomes associated with the band never the other way around. Look at Oasis. Before they chose that name only dreadful cheesy low rent Crème brûlée types would call themselves Oasis, but pretty soon the name was associated with the coolest band in the country.

Yes, they were, for a while.

image.thumb.png.b23e1c84b989f1bb8d44a9e1d49c21a3.png

7 hours ago, visog said:

I like 'Elbow' but their name is ridiculous...

I've never heard of them, but you'd thing they might pick a better part of the anatomy.

Personally, I'd recommend picking Nose.

Edited by FinnDave

I have always been brilliant at coming up with band names but have been hamstrung but idiot bandmates who can't see how great I am.

Here's some I recently had rejected which i'm offering in a Black Friday fire sale at just £10 each:

Voodoo Baboon

Human Angle

The Natural

Black swan

Death Threat

Road Of Bones

• Haha 1