Why become a member? ×

Looking for advice RE: TKS

Contrebasse

• 3 weeks later...

Have only had wery god contact with Tommy, thoug  I think he have

some serius health problems

I heard somthing like that, not shure.(long time a’go)

At á time I was not able to get in contact with him, but wen I did get

in contact Tommy built me the lightest & best Sounding Cab I ewer heard! Transparent & clear as á bell with out sounding thin,

& with Authority.

some of the other higend cabs I had before was Great but sounded Mudy or wooly compared to the tks with the same amp’s,the built time was around 2 weeks

my impresion of Tommy is that he is á Werry honest guy & super easy to deal with.

so if somthing is not feeling right their is a serios reason for that & Tommy will get back to you as soon as he’s able to do so.

He’s one of the Good Guy’s

Sorry to hear this, my gues is

Health problems

know it’s hard be patient

I Cross my fingers for Tommy

Edited by potato bass

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I agree, you have every right to feel the way you do. Like many others here, my dealings with Tommy have all been excellent and he comes across as a really good guy. However, business will need to be looked at at some point and really he needs to at least put people in the picture. 

Hope you get a resolution soon.

I know very little about tks gear but i do know that dealing with one man or very small gear builders especially overseas ones is an extremely risky undertaking.in my case my speakers arrived damaged and neither courier or constructor would accept liability leaving me to repair them myself.caveat emptor

So sad to hear... I hope it's just a temporary glitch, I thought he was moving to a larger workshop sometime in the past few months and that his health was better. He builds superb cabs. I've owned six of them (keeping a pair of S112 as a compact, light and great sounding solution)... I hope he's ok, and that he catches up with the backlog soon. As sympathetic as I am towards him, the OP should not be in this position.

Fingers crossed!

@Contrebasse did you buy other cabs by now or are you still waiting to resolve this first? 

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed TKS two times, one few monthes ago and last week too.

Never had any answer. I think i m gonna spend my money somewhere else. It s a pitty cause it seems many people were satisfied with these cabs but how can i trust a company that don t answer back ?

If Tommy has health issues of course we wish him the best and if it s serious of course he has to face that  before business.

But he could just explain a little bit what's going on , when will he be able to start again and of course refund people who paid for a cab they did not get.

I hope you ll get your money back Contrebasse.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Contrebasse said:

Still no joy here. Over 8 months since placing the order.

The European Consumer Centre have been very helpful in chasing it up for the past few months, but their people in Sweden have been 'unable to obtain any response' from TKS.

They suggest either using an Online Dispute Resolution platform, which sounds like it would need Tommy's cooperation - and obviously he's gone dark, or taking legal action.

As a first step, I'll be firing off another email to him, but I doubt I'll be holding my breath for a response by now.

Well, that's depressing. I really hope you get sorted eventually. And I hope Tommy's OK.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...