Why become a member? ×

GAS proof?

Stub Mandrel

I've had a bit of good fortune. But despite trying really hard I can't find myself lusting for a new bass. A 62 Jazz would be good, expect I have blinged my Squire one to the Max and tonight it got praised highly for tone even through my tiny orange crush 25. My Performer is so playable as well. The only things I can get excited about at all would be a £140 Talman or a Epiphone masterbilt semi acoustic.  I just can't get remotely excited about anything custom shop, Sandberg's, wals or even boutique stuff. Even a Jabba would only get me wanting to make my own. Perhaps I should just buy some really nice timber as an investment in a future project.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JohnDaBass said:

Before going down the Talman route, take a look at an Epiphone Allen Woody RumbleKat. Great for noodling at home and the odd gig. A fine, light, good value bass with a surprising wide range of tones.

Just saying😁

Hmm.i like twin humbuckers. I don't like square control plates. Could do with f holes too... But worth a try.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, mangotango said:

How do you "accidentally" get a bass?

That's not criticism, quite the opposite in fact; it's  a serious enquiry so that I can do that myself sometime.....

I got mine by accident, I was one of those groady reselling stuff people sold for the rent money shops and I was certainly NOT looking for any kind of musical instrument, but it was on the wall and it was blue and then it was mine. I'm still surprised that it happened because I couldn't afford it, but I'm quite happy.

• Like 2