Why become a member? ×

(SOLD) Yamaha TRB JP2
£2000
Porto - Portugal

BPWalls

Had the pleasure of playing one of these recently, though I'm not a 6 string player and have no aspirations to be one...

Having said that, the inherent tone of the bass, it's playability and build quality were so exceptional I could hear the GAS demon in my head saying that I should take up 6 string bass... ! 😁

Not that I'm going to do that of course, but I just wanted to offer up that little tale as evidence of what absolutely brilliant instruments these basses are. 

GLWTS 

I've had 2 of these in the past and absolutely love them! Only got rid of one due to car issues, and the other due to a rare opportunity to buy back a much missed bass! I will have another at some point... One of the, if not THE, best stock 6er you can buy.

• 2 weeks later...

Question to the been-there-done-thaters: how suitable is the JP2 for rock-out-with-your-pink torpedo-out styles of music? I'm under the impression, that it fits great for everything clean and sophisticated, but waht about the more dirty side of things?

3 hours ago, marcblum said:

Question to the been-there-done-thaters: how suitable is the JP2 for rock-out-with-your-pink torpedo-out styles of music? I'm under the impression, that it fits great for everything clean and sophisticated, but waht about the more dirty side of things?

I think this bass fits on every scenario. It’s a fantastic bass with a lot of pressure and sustain. So it can be used in a rock/metal style of music easily.

normally you see guys using this bass on jazz project because they are fans of John Patitucci. 

1 hour ago, binky_bass said:

£1600 is a very good price considering they are circa £3600 new...

Have you any interest in trades?

The bass is like it was picked on the store, exceptional condition, with all papers, accessories, certificate of originality and original case.

The intention of this price is for sale, For trades the price is not the same.

Edited by BPWalls

• MB1 locked this topic