Why become a member? ×

NPUD (custom built and aguilar content)

thisisswanbon

Just got this beaut back from Dave Coates Audio in the North East today and I'm absolutely blown away...

The neck pick up is a custom built super shallow pick up and is route free. It's as solid as it gets and works with the aguilar MM pick up tremendously! (The aguilar replaces the original EMG MMHZ, which I believed was an MMTW until he took it out and saw the sticker 🤷‍♂️) He's also taken the tone pump out and fitted a passive circuit...

I approached Dave to see if he could route a space for a neck pick up, but he thought he could make a super shallow pick up that would avoid any damage to the bass... he wasn't wrong, and my mind is blown 🤯

20191125_211702.jpg

IMG-20191125-WA0008.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, therealting said:

Very interesting! How much was the neck pickup? I have thought about having something similar on my Warwick Alien. 

I paid around £180 including prototypes and passive circuit etc, but this was a bespoke pick up made by a local tech, so I'd assume prices would vary by bass etc...

59 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

That looks the business.  Where does the wire go to not cause any damage to the bass? 

The wiring actually goes through the tiny gap at the bottom of the neck pocket I believe... here's the bass before the pick up was fitted for reference 🙂

20180924_215502.jpg