Why become a member? ×

2 Channel Overdrive + Distortion?

Ramsay777

Hey folks, looking for some suggestions. I'm after a 2-channel overdrive than can also give some beastly distortion, with the idea that I could run >Clean amp >Dirty >Filth and stack the 2 channels if possible. I use active basses and play fingers 90% of the time, currently a USA Jazz with a J-Retro and a EBMM Sterling 3 band.

Source Audio Aftershock looks like it'll do this well with the external switch but tbh I think I'd get bogged down with that pedal, not keen on the computer side of things would rather keep it simple. The larger Darkglass pedals would also look to do this but they're on the pricier end of the scale.

The COG Knightfall66 looks to do this and I was keen to go for it but I'm struggling to get a hold of them, most of their site is out of stock so are they even still making pedals?

Not too keen on the idea of a preamp-style pedal as my amp has 2 and both of my basses have onboard preamps so that's plenty surely? 😁

Any ideas very much appreciated! I guess I could just get 2 separate pedals...

On 25/11/2019 at 22:25, fretmeister said:

Helix stomp.

Thanks for the suggestion mate but like with the Aftershock I think there's just too much tweaking there for me.

20 hours ago, Stofferson said:

This is for sale in the forum

Had one of these too, great pedal, and can be switched around, used together, standalone etc.

That look very interesting indeed! Thanks man i'll have a look in to these.

Edited by Ramsay777
  • Like 1

I’ve got two COG knightfalls I was gonna sell, if two singles would do it for you?

One is a 2012 v1, and the other is a later revision. I can’t hear much difference between the two, both have great low gain, high gain, and everything in between tones! 

B2066A64-14D5-4343-AE7D-00ED2B513751.png

Edited by Higgie

On 01/12/2019 at 23:34, reesource said:

I have a Knightfall 66 and I absolutely love it. The 2 channels are not stackable (it’s A or B, not A+B) but I use it for mild drive and full on dirt and I can’t see myself ever parting with it. 

Ive got one as well, best OD ive ever had, mainly for the two gain/volume stages. I love how you can have mild dirt, then more of the same without the tone changing. Very much like an amp.

Of course all that changed when i got my Helix. now i cant see me needing any other pedal.