Why become a member? ×

What makes this site work?

lemonstar

10 hours ago, lozkerr said:

Step this way and I'll show you. No, it's OK, no need to tell your mates where you're going. We're coming straight back.

I know it's a dark scary corridor, but look at it from my point of view: I've got to walk back along here on my own later...ooops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I had to pullover just to say weave it out son, you’re a looming nuisance.

I think ewe are being a bit harsh! :(

That kind of talk will damage our relationsheep!

So stop bleating on and go and fleece someone else!

:D

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

Cough cough. Aherm. 😉

(...lewd comment aside...) I noticed that this particular basschat  member was honoured to have their title displayed in a rather alluring hue of green shade.

My initial thoughts on the matter pertained to that of an Orwellian notion of inequality amongst piers presented in the allegorical novella “Animal Farm".

Utterly appalled by the absence of uniformity amongst allegedly “equal" members I sought to discover the reasons as to why basschat saw fit to have this particular member's title presented in a rather outstanding colour whilst the majority should remain so banal in their presentation.

My endeavour lead me to exercise my rights in viewing the limited details of another Basschat user's profile and upon doing so I was pleased discover, albeit relieved, that this particular member was a moderator to this very site, thus presenting me with a logical explanation and ultimately a plausible answer to my original quandary.

Alas, my thoughts could rest and all notion of inequality amongst piers within the domain of the basschat website were quashed. I could continue with my daily rituals and tasks in good faith and for a short while I was contented and ultimately at peace both spiritually and mentally... 

This was until I read that the member in question was ranked a “Bass-playing bird"... 

My attention was immediately then brought to the user's profile picture which to my horror confirmed my initial fear that this basschat member or “moderator" as they might have you believe was, in fact, a bird that was proficient in playing the bass guitar.

The notion and physical implications completely eluded me...

Further to my dismay, I then came upon a picture presented several posts beneath the original text. 

The image was so shocking and unsettling that I cannot begin to describe to you what I saw however I have managed to source and display the image at the bottom of this page for your viewing should you feel the necessity to do so.

The above factor and the preceding image below have lead to my concluding that; 

The basschat website that is presented before the reader's very eyes today was crafted and is currently moderated by “animals"!...

How ironic and almost droll that my original contemplation regarding the equality amongst animals should lead me to this very fascinating yet utterly disturbing, and ever perplexing discovery...

Screenshot_20191127-110810.png

Edited by Ted Theodore Logan, III
because the animals made me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

People's willingness to share knowledge, as exemplified by @ead's explaining that if you mix yellow with green, you get orange! 😉

Ah but this is neither colour mixing by addition or subtraction but by knitting.  Rules apply that are not widely known in this universe 9_9

Plus the green bit had slipped at the time of the image :$

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Ted Theodore Logan, III said:

(...lewd comment aside...) I noticed that this particular basschat  member was honoured to have their title displayed in a rather alluring hue of green shade.

My initial thoughts on the matter pertained to that of an Orwellian notion of inequality amongst piers presented in the allegorical novella “Animal Farm".

This was until I read that the member in question was ranked a “Bass-playing bird"... 

I think you misspelt 'Orvillian'. 

Keith-Harris-with-Orville-the-Duck.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

I'm also loving the concept of 'inequality amongst piers'! Keep 'em coming, guys! (npi) :D

Do we need a 'show us your piers' topic so we can decide?  You know it makes sense.

• Like 1