Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Precision 1977-78 Sunburst & Maple
£1950
North Shields, Tyne & Wear

Ghost Rider

SOLD

Fender USA Precision bass in sunburst with maple neck. The serial number puts it at 1977 or 78. 
It’s in absolutely fantastic condition, comes with the ashtrays as pictured. These came with the bass when I bought it a few years back, The original owner was an old fella who was retiring some of his basses from his collection. I believe it is all original but if anyone wants to take it apart & check for themselves before parting with any money then that’s absolutely fine.
This particular one I’d say is a good 9.5 out of 10 for condition. 
I’ll upload some more pictures when I get a chance but here’s one from 2 weeks ago at the Newcastle impromptu bass bash. 
Thanks once again to Michael (water of Tyne)  for the photograph! 
I’m in North Shields, Tyne & Wear. 
Price is £1950
Any questions ask away

Cheers

83C46680-F319-4EBF-96B1-20FA7EFBBB70.jpeg

Edited by Ghost Rider
Sold
  • Like 11

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very tasty. Is the body ash? Don't know if that was a thing on the maple neck basses at that time - just looks a bit like ash.
And that Fender Hypermarket you guys run up there - surely you've hit the VAT threshold by now?

2 hours ago, Soledad said:

Very tasty. Is the body ash? Don't know if that was a thing on the maple neck basses at that time - just looks a bit like ash.
And that Fender Hypermarket you guys run up there - surely you've hit the VAT threshold by now?

Hi Soledad, I believe the body is ash & the weight would suggest that. A lot of late 70s basses were ash bodies. 
It’s no boat anchor by any means but it’s not as light as poplar. 
We’ve not hit the VAT limit yet, luckily I’m only selling 4 of my collection! 
Cheers 👍🏻 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...