Why become a member? ×

TRADED. Fender American Dimension Deluxe HH, beautiful plumage gov.
£800
Darlington

karlfer

Stunning Swamp Ash body with Violin Burst finish
Asymmetric  neck profile (simply fits your hand, deeper on bass side, shallower on treble side). Hand rubbed oil finish. Graphite support rods. IMO best necks Fender have ever made.
Compound radius fingerboard 9.5 inch bottom end to 14 inch top end. 21 frets for that high E.
Nut width 41.3mm
Stealth A string retainer
Truss rod wheel at heel end of neck.
Fender High Mass Bridge
5 position pick up selector switch, tonally very versatile.
18v active , Vol/treb/mid/bass boost/cut.

Weight 9lb 3oz. Fender hard case

There is some scuffing on the rear, see photos please.
New they were £1600+, replaced by the Elite version which had a different coloured logo!

Last one I could find on here was out at £950. Discontinued as they weren't a success for Fender, possibly due to the large & slightly confusing range. Or cos they weren't P or J shaped!
Regardless, loved by those that have them and very few 1V HH  American Deluxes come up for sale.
I need some money, hence sale.

Collection from Darlington, talk about a meet up or organise & pay for your own courier.

Feedback linked below, thanks for looking,

Karl.

A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

D.JPG

E.JPG

F.JPG

G.JPG

H.JPG

I.JPG

J.JPG

K.JPG

L.JPG

M.JPG

N.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 3

This is a very underrated bass. I recently picked up a Dimension V std (passive). Build quality is as good as anything Fender has produced, and the finish is flawless. The neck is asymmetric as Karlfer says but flattens out toward the body end and feels great. The pickups are completely silent and sound similar to a P in the neck position and a J at the bridge, just with a bit ‘more’, and the bass has its own character. If it were made by someone else it would probably still be in production as it’s a cracking bass. I’d love the deluxe version in a V for a bit more tone shaping. They’re a serious bargain - get one whilst you can as they’re quite rare! GLWTS

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

This is a very underrated bass. I recently picked up a Dimension V std (passive). Build quality is as good as anything Fender has produced, and the finish is flawless. The neck is asymmetric as Karlfer says but flattens out toward the body end and feels great. The pickups are completely silent and sound similar to a P in the neck position and a J at the bridge, just with a bit ‘more’, and the bass has its own character. If it were made by someone else it would probably still be in production as it’s a cracking bass. I’d love the deluxe version in a V for a bit more tone shaping. They’re a serious bargain - get one whilst you can as they’re quite rare! GLWTS

Surprisingly a Cayenne up on Feebay at £1388 and a Natural on Faecesbook at £1300, both same spec but nothing like as pretty as mine (opinion). Currently priced in the realm of fantasy.

9 hours ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Ye Gods that's a cutie! 

18v active you say, are the pickups very hot?

Not ridiculously so Russ, powerful but controllable.

Just to save anybody else asking, selector switch;

Position 1. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup,
Position 2. Inner Coils of Bridge and Middle Pickup, 
Position 3. Full Humbucking Middle and Bridge,                                                                                                                                                            Position 4. Outer Coils of Middle and Bridge Pickup, 
Position 5.Full Middle Humbucking

Edited by karlfer

12 hours ago, krispn said:

Does it have a passive option? I’d really like to try a HH IV one of these. Missed the Andertons blow out but I have tried the passive V. Nice basses and some great bargains out there. This in is no exception!

Hiya Gavin, hope you're ok fella.

The Deluxe & Elite Dimensions didn't come with a passive option (although my Elite Jazz has been converted to totally passive Ki0Gon stack knobs with series/parallel switch. Superb! 😁)

The Andertons blowout included about a dozen Dimension Elites at £900, early 2017? Most people, including me, missed out, they were gone in a couple of days. Same as the Genz Benz blowout of '14?

Edited by karlfer
  • Thanks 1

Missed out on one of these last year. Still gutted now but was at a total steal. For me it was a good move for fender as they were really starting to lack behind competitors in terms of modern pups and pre amps, i guess the die hards are stuck in their ways too much.

• Like 1

And don’t start me on the tecamp blow out by guitarguitar many moons ago too. I had money tied up in a power amp I had bought from them which died and was in for repair and they held off giving me a refund. All the good tecamp stuff sold and lo and behold I got my refund 😕

• Like 1

On 27/11/2019 at 21:39, krispn said:

And don’t start me on the tecamp blow out by guitarguitar many moons ago too. I had money tied up in a power amp I had bought from them which died and was in for repair and they held off giving me a refund. All the good tecamp stuff sold and lo and behold I got my refund 😕

I won't then 🤣.

As is always the case cunning plan gone awry! Wanted to sell one bass & 2 sold on the same day.

So, trade please. Your finest maple boarded post 2006 American Standard Precision in excellent nick would be most welcome 😁

20 hours ago, krispn said:

I really need to borrow my mates passive HH Dimension for a few days to have another blast on one 

Just get your hand in your pocket & own this one Gav. You deserve it 😁

Edited by karlfer

On 30/11/2019 at 18:15, Oopsdabassist said:

Got an interesting very rare purple burst Fender P if ya interested Karl.........😉

IMG_20170211_201518.jpg

Cracking job on that Russ & Tim's plate looks good, very clever.

Needless to say, I'd need a little cash as well............🤣