Why become a member? ×

Fender Steve Harris pickguard

ForbiddenWytch

Hey everyone

this may seem like a bit of a stupid question, but does any one know if Fender used the same mirrored chrome pickguard (as in same part, cut out, screw hole alignment) for the 2009/10 MIJ Blue Sparkle Precision Bass as they use on the newer MIM West Ham version?

Reason I ask is my bass has been gigged an awful lot and where the body and neck are in near perfect condition (odd dink on the very end of the headstock unfortunately!), the chrome pickguard has the usual swirl marks and scuffs from either where I’ve rested my thumb on the pickup screw or where a pick has caught the guard SO I’m thinking of taking this plate off to put on another P bass and putting a proper replacement one on there to keep it looking clean. 

I don’t use the Blue Sparkle one for gigging any more due to needing a 5 string tuned to A standard and the fact I’m scared to death of it either going walkabouts (seems to be a recent rise in gear thefts) or it getting damaged so I keep it in the case. It also has a lot of sentimental value to me so there’s also that!

any help would be appreciated and again, sorry if it’s a stupid question!

Cheers!