Why become a member? ×

Bassist required for established rock & pop band, Northampton and Leicestershire area

Osiris

I'll be leaving my band, Candy Slam, shortly after 9 years of service so they're on the lookout for a replacement bass player. 

If you're interested please contact the band directly through their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Candy-Slam-106587331438/

The details;

Candyslam are looking for a permanent bass player to join us from Jan 2020. Start date has some flexibility and our current bassist can be on hand to help you settle in with set list etc. Gig audio is also available.

We are a 5 piece, female fronted pop and rock covers band, our set list includes The Killers, Blondie, Sterophonics, Donna Summer, Belinda Carlisle, Foo Fighters, Robbie Williams and many more.

We currently have 23 gigs lined up for 2020, mostly pub gigs around Northants and Leicestershire, we also take bookings for parties and corporates.

We are looking for someone of a high standard who enjoys playing varied styles of music. We run all the instruments through our digital desk, so being able to DI from a modeller or preamp would be required. Also a set of in-ear-monitors and belt pack would be an advantage although not essential. Front woman still uses a wedge monitor, so there is still some sound on stage.

We take our music seriously but our main reason for being on stage is to have fun and to entertain.

If you are interested or know someone who might be, please contact us by Facebook messenger or talk to us directly if you already know us.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers - Candyslam

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Got another band lined up?

No, I need take some time out for personal reasons. I've been gigging pretty much constantly for more than 30 years now and I just need to take a break. I've got no intention of doing anything else musically for the foreseeable future, but that's not to say that I'm never going to play or gig again. 

I'm guessing Harrow would be a long old commute for you up to sunny Northampton 😀

1 hour ago, Muppet said:

Blimey this would be perfect for me if I wasn't in three band already!!  Good luck though, shout if you need a dep......

Thanks for the offer, I can pass it on to the others if you like?

Just dropped the band a fb message, I'm looking for a second band to bump up the gig numbers and am just down the road. Familiar with your set and all the venues on the website gig list I've played before. Also been using IEMS for years so no issues there.   

• Thanks 1