Why become a member? ×

Bax Music ? Anyone used them

mark999

I need an amp quickly, I dont have time for the faux black friday price hikes and reductions.

Bax Music online are well out in front on the Markbass amp I want.
Can I trust them.
Anyone had any doings with them.
Any advice gratefully received.

• Like 1

I got some pickups from them a few years back.

It wasn't overnight delivery but I don't remember waiting too long for them to arrive.

No problems or issues, they're a legit retailer.

Of course you never really know how good a retailer is until something goes wrong and you find out how good they are at dealing with problems, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again if they had the best price on something I wanted.

• Thanks 1

Well I have ordered it, Mark bass mini 121p combo, £575 shipped from Bax Music .
Paid via paypal for extra security and piece of mind.
Just hope it lives up to expectations, but  after lugging a peavey 500w mkviii and tvx 4x10 up a fire escape at 52 years old.
It had to be so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mark999 said:

Well I have ordered it, Mark bass mini 121p combo, £575 shipped from Bax Music .
Just hope it lives up to expectations, but  after lugging a peavey 500w mkviii and tvx 4x10 up a fire escape at 52 years old.
It had to be so.

The reason my beloved TE GP12SMX had to go, and I was in my twenties at the time

• Thanks 1

Yep, bought my Hofner Club from them, cheapest at the time, delivered in a couple of days and no hassle whatsoever. I've had strings from there at various times as well, same great service. No idea what they're like if it all goes wrong though, which is where it counts. 

3 hours ago, mark999 said:

It had to be so.

Well that's a great price for a very good piece of kit. I got the velcro bass wedge and velcro bass stand with mine and find it all invaluable as my go-to rig for gigs, in fact using it tonight!

Trouble is you'll be seduced by the wish to have a 2X12 and end up buying a  NYC121 cab to go underneath it too......

I also have a MM101 for home, rehearsals and Open Mics.

Hope it all works out well, if you find the Piezo tweeter a bit harsh there is a mod you can do that disables it but don't just pull out the wires!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Well that's a great price for a very good piece of kit. I got the velcro bass wedge and velcro bass stand with mine and find it all invaluable as my go-to rig for gigs, in fact using it tonight!

Trouble is you'll be seduced by the wish to have a 2X12 and end up buying a  NYC121 cab to go underneath it too......

I also have a MM101 for home, rehearsals and Open Mics.

Hope it all works out well, if you find the Piezo tweeter a bit harsh there is a mod you can do that disables it but don't just pull out the wires!

Thats the plan, save for the 1x12 ny cab next

Edited by Rich

Mixed experiences with BAX....

A couple of orders have gone smoothly and as expected, but one went very wrong: Items which were meant to be 'in-stock', ended up being out of stock. After a month or so of emails backwards and forwards, I eventually opted for a refund. 

I'd probably use again, but perhaps opting to ring up first to check item actually is 'in-stock'.

Hope this helps

On 24/11/2019 at 12:01, mark999 said:

It had to be so.

Love my MarkBass rig. One helpful hint. When dialling in your tone start with the VLE and VPF filters OFF (fully counter clockwise). Then use the VLE gently to tame the tweeter if needed and the VPF if you want to dial in any smile curve (mine stays resolutely OFF, if I was a slapper I’d probably love it dialled up).

Edited by TrevorR

Positive from me too.

Bought gear without problems, but a filter pedal i ordered ,  i couldnt get the filter to open despite  trying all sorts of trickery. IIRC, it was an eden wah,  but i asked them to collect it and refund, and that was done with no cost to me

Edited by fleabag