Why become a member? ×

How to get the sacking wrong

Happy Jack

I have liked your page but as I am at the other end of the country from you guys, if I come down to see you I expect to be given bed, board and drinky poo`s for myself and any other reprobate that I can strong arm into coming along.

Or maybe not..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

So I realise how tedious it is when someone starts asking everyone to 'Like' their page, but we're trying to do a rapid re-build of what was deleted. @Silvia Bluejay was up half the night working on it, and we now have all the gigs and enough videos to get us close to where we want to be.

Can we now enlist the help of The Basschat Massive and ask everyone to 'Like' the page.

If you actually DO like us then so much the better, but frankly right now we'll take anything we can get. :lol:

Duly liked.

Not usually my kinda thing but it brought a smile even before my second coffee on a Sunday morning

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I have to say I do find it a real grind going out playing in bands, putting smiles on peoples faces and getting paid to do so.

I think I’ll hand my resignation to all my bands immediately.

I play solo. I played in Paris two weeks ago, I’m in Stockholm in three weeks time. Last year I played in Holland, Paris twice the year before. Many in the UK too, including one with one of my biggest influences Steve Lawson. I got so fed up with band politics, I’m also not particularly people orientated either.  Solo is much more artistically rewarding too.

I do the occasional collaborative thing, gigs and recording, I’d never join a band again though.

Edited by ambient
  • Like 2

Many thanks to all of you who've liked the page. It now works better - FB makes everything harder when the page is new and has less than 10 likes, and always assumes you're a spammer and up to no good, no matter what you're trying to do. Hopefully it'll get easier in the next few days. Much obliged to you all. :)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

In your humble opinion 🙄

Of course in my opinion, also though through my experience, which can’t be disputed because it’s happened. Making the decision to concentrate on playing solo, composing my own music, and having artistic freedom over everything I do has paid off. I could have continued as I was, playing for whoever would pay me, for example I played on a cruise ship one summer and absolutely hated it. I’m now much happier, and satisfied.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ambient said:

I play solo. I played in Paris two weeks ago, I’m in Stockholm in three weeks time. Last year I played in Holland, Paris twice the year before. Many in the UK too, including one with one of my biggest influences Steve Lawson. I got so fed up with band politics, I’m also not particularly people orientated either.  Solo is much more artistically rewarding too.

I do the occasional collaborative thing, gigs and recording, I’d never join a band again though.

while I generally enjoy playing in the bands I play in... I am envious of you from time to time! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

You should get very little stuff appearing on your timeline if you like the page now, as I've re-uploaded most of the it before trying to re-build our following. But you can like the page and then set it so it gives you no notifications, so you don't get annoying little numbers at the top of your FB account every time we post something. :)

liked.

I hope you recover your fb following quickly and move on to happier times

• Thanks 2