Why become a member? ×

How to get the sacking wrong

Happy Jack

An announcement shortly to be distributed to the (many) pubs where we have gigs booked in 2020:

Sad to relate, Damo & The Dynamites has now parted company with the original drummer (and founder member) Xxxxxxx Xxxxxxx.

Even sadder to relate, the parting has been less than friendly and the band is now aware of attempts to spread disinformation about the band on Facebook and other social media platforms.

Saddest of all, it turns out that the band's original Facebook page ( facebook.com/DamoAndTheDynamites ) is owned and controlled by Mr. Xxxxxxxx, and ridiculous posts have already been made there by members of his extended family.

The continuing band has now created a replacement Facebook page ( facebook.com/DamoAndTheDynamitesBand ) which is where all future activity can be found.

None of this nonsense should impact on you, and we're sorry to have to take up your time with this, but please be aware that this situation does exist and be on your lookout for fake attempts to change or even cancel our gigs with you in 2020!

If you have any questions - or any dodgy activity to report - do please call me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Yours truly will be spending some time re-creating events and posting photos of slightly less skeletal bandmembers tonight and tomorrow. :)

We, and all the people who had liked the original band page but aren't in Xxxx's circle of friends, have been banned from seeing the page, so the only way for us to check out what's happening on it - if anything - would be to sign up to Facebook with a different identity, with a name Xxxx doesn't recognise, so he can't ban it from the page. Not sure it's worth the effort...

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

1 hour ago, owen said:

I sacked a drummer once. It did not go well.

I was a sacked drummer once. It went well. Cancelled their gigs and lots of other fun stuff.
Salt of the earth we are, drummers. 

Seriously, I feel your pain from experience. Good luck!

Edited by BassTractor

Nah, doesn't work like that. :) The gentleman in question was the owner of the page, in that he created it before HJ and I met the band. Then he handed over its day to day running to me. I'm possibly the only person who hasn't explicitly fallen out with him, but he obviously can't have me around any more on whatever's left of the page (if anything).

I'm working on the new page, but it's almost bedtime, so I'll continue tomorrow.

If this is what happens to a drummer scorned I would dread to think what would happen to our band should we get on the wrong side of our drummer... He's a coder (and semi-decent drummer) who literally controls all our online media presence :sad:

“errr... no, that's fine... If you want to incorporate a six minute drum solo into each of our songs that's cool... :shok:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

HAHA! Exactly. FWIW, I'm currently in control of all the Dynamites' social media, if we include the new FB page. But I'm technically not in the band, which I think is slightly safer for everybody. :D

Although, to be fair, if they were to sack the bass player too... just watch out Twittersphere!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ted Theodore Logan, III said:

“errr... no, that's fine... If you want to incorporate a six minute drum solo into each of our songs that's cool... :shok:

Nearly literally what I, and I guess others here too, have experienced: someone with command over something (rehearsal room in our case) trying to decide in musical things, or else... 😡
(Yes, I left. Sadly the other two didn't right away. Luvverly they were too, and stellar musicians.)

We auditioned a Belgian drummer once. He was cr@p! I had to message him and tell him in the most polite possible way that we didn't require his services. He spent the next couple of months telling everyone he met, that he hated the English, and sl@gging off the whole Bitish nation, including the Queen. I didn't even know she was in a band. 

They're a strange breed. 

(Drummers not Belgians)

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

We auditioned a Belgian drummer once. He was cr@p! I had to message him and tell him in the most polite possible way that we didn't require his services. He spent the next couple of months telling everyone he met, that he hated the English, and sl@gging off the whole Bitish nation, including the Queen. I didn't even know she was in a band. 

They're a strange breed. 

(Drummers not Belgians)

image.png.128f7a7d9e69e976fce8947d39e6e299.png

Excusez-moi?

• Haha 3

So I realise how tedious it is when someone starts asking everyone to 'Like' their page, but we're trying to do a rapid re-build of what was deleted. @Silvia Bluejay was up half the night working on it, and we now have all the gigs and enough videos to get us close to where we want to be.

Can we now enlist the help of The Basschat Massive and ask everyone to 'Like' the page.

If you actually DO like us then so much the better, but frankly right now we'll take anything we can get. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You should get very little stuff appearing on your timeline if you like the page now, as I've re-uploaded most of the it before trying to re-build our following. But you can like the page and then set it so it gives you no notifications, so you don't get annoying little numbers at the top of your FB account every time we post something. :)