Why become a member? ×

DB cabs UK made - massive discount

krispn

It's arrived. Yes, the logo looks like a male bird plus spherical play object, it only makes me like it more. I've only given it a 10 minute run out as my neighbours were kind enough to receive it after DPD wouldn't send it to one of their designated drop off points. Its a semi detached so trying to find the point the cab farts out on a low b seems a bit ungrateful. 

First thoughts though. I wanted a cab that would be small and light for rehearsals and pit work. My long serving Aggie db112s have a surprisingly large footprint and some of the spaces pit musicians have to play in can be very tight. This will be perfect, it must be one of the cabs where a mark size head is in danger of overhang. It's stupidly light and opening doors etc whilst laden with kit should be much easier.

Tonally, I wasn't expecting it to challenge the Aggies and it won't, they'll be staying in the meantime for function band work and festivals. It can make the ceiling shake easy enough, more like decent low low mids than full fat bass but I DI for most theatres and the foh will do the heavy lifting. Flats on the lb100 needed a bit eq experimentation, I suspect that's my ears needing to adjust. The cab seems more suited to the sire v7, which is good news as that's what I'll be using 90% of the time. 

I'll have a better idea of the cabs capabilities after next week, I've a show for a week, where it'll be up against the most leaden drummer so a decent run out for its first test.

Harry

35253544-937A-4E90-8C95-DCB24F2575CB.jpeg

Edited by scalpy
Missing word
  • Like 3

I bought the ElBee 1210, used it for the first time last night (see my thread End Of A Basschat Era in General Discussion for video).

Very happy with it. The strange arrangement of the speakers (lower 12" angled towards the floor, upper 10" angled towards my ears) worked very well and it's definitely easier to hear myself. Even at its first gig and with no 'loosening-up' time it sounds fine, and the fact that it's not quite in the same ballpark tonally as either the Markbass or Barefaced units I've had doesn't really matter since I always put some of the bass through FoH these days.

Ergonomically, it's probably one of the best thought-out cabs I've had, small footprint, very smart handle placement, easy to carry with either one hand or two.

Once again I'm amused to note that the finish is the same as Barefaced used right from the start, the finish that so many Basschatters gave Alex Claber a hard time for. :scratch_one-s_head:

• Like 1

Know what you mean about rat fur cabs, although i dislike cabs that look like they fell out of an 80s boy racer's boot more. The elbee 10, just, stays the right side of this. Its got a busy breaking in period, 12 calls in 14 days, starts tonight. Really looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lemmywinks said:

That looks like a belting little setup.

Thank you, so far so good. Managed an hours practise yesterday with the neighbours out, great fun with the sire, trying out different tones. Dress rehearsal for a show tonight, elbee vs drummer round 1.

• Like 1

Just a quick update on the Elbee 10. Carried all the kit from the car, bass, acoustic guitar, cab, accessory bag, amp bag and pedalboard to the pit in one go. My volume on the amp settled around it’s typical position for my DB112. Sound is really clear and the sire with new strings sounded great. There are some differences off axis and the very lowest notes, sub bottom E don’t have the outright thwack of the other cabs but all in all, an absolute bargain and just the solution I, and my bank balance, was looking for. Thank you krispn for the heads up.