Why become a member? ×

DB cabs UK made - massive discount

krispn

I mentioned these cabs a while back in another thread but no one seemed to pick up on the fantastic offers so here’s a separate thread to entice folk looking for a small portable solution and a new bout of GAS. I’ll be gigging my 112 Embee tonight in a small room with the country band and it's well up to the task. I believe the Elbee are the lighter cabs while the Embee have a more sturdy construction and additional features like the port and angled speakers. Worth a punt if you facny a change or need an additional cab for home use or going modular to accommodate differnt stages/venues.

A review and link to the discounted items below

http://www.db-bass.com/db-bass/db_bass-BGM_april15.html

http://www.db-bass.com/db-bass/db_bass-Discontinued.html

Video review

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

How did I miss this? Been umming and ahhing over a BF one10 but the peeling tolex is an absolute deal breaker for me. Spent the pocket money on an UA Apollo twin instead and used it once in 2 months. Had too many mad dash gigs these would have been perfect for. 

48 minutes ago, scalpy said:

How did I miss this? Been umming and ahhing over a BF one10 but the peeling tolex is an absolute deal breaker for me. Spent the pocket money on an UA Apollo twin instead and used it once in 2 months. Had too many mad dash gigs these would have been perfect for. 

I’ve a One10 since not long after they came out and my tolex hasn’t peeled. Is it supposed to be common? Mine’s a wonderful cab. So wonderful I want another!

I'm keeping an eye on the for sales, it seems to be a common problem. My Aggies are over ten years old now, they cost me the equivalent price and the fit and finish, apart from one or two slight marks is still excellent. I must be getting old because I really like having smart cabs! 

1 hour ago, scalpy said:

I'm keeping an eye on the for sales, it seems to be a common problem. My Aggies are over ten years old now, they cost me the equivalent price and the fit and finish, apart from one or two slight marks is still excellent. I must be getting old because I really like having smart cabs! 

I’ve seen the 2 for sale with the peeling tolex but assumed it wasn’t common.

I much prefer my One10 than the Aggies I used to have. Absolute night and day. I’ve tried loads of Aggies and just don’t seem to get on with them at all. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scalpy said:

As far as I know the peeling Tolex was an issue on older cabs but new ones havent had this issue. i have a two10 and used to have a six10. Neither had tolex peel on them. I may be wrong but I seem to remember them being made aware of the issue and fixing the issues our best bet if your worries is to email Alex at barefaced 

12 hours ago, 4000 said:

I’ve a One10 since not long after they came out and my tolex hasn’t peeled. Is it supposed to be common? Mine’s a wonderful cab. So wonderful I want another!

It was quite common. The earlier ones suffered from that, then they changed the glue and said the problem was gone... but it wasn't (my two cabs come from that period). Then they changed both glue and tolex, I believe, and I *hope* they finally got it right.

A related question (and this applies to the BF 10s, too) - anyone know how a bottom port works? When I used rear ported cabs, I was always careful not to back them up against anything to effectively block the port, but a bottom port has a gap the size of the feet (less than an inch?), does this not compromise port output? Or have I just been wasting my time all those years?

Edited by Muzz