Why become a member? ×

Both now SOLD Barefaced Supercompact
£900
Benfleet Essex

Paul S

I am a dyed in the wool Barefaced fanboi.  I started off with a Compact soon after Alex started and added a Midget a short while later.  I replaced these with a Supercompact as a one cab solution, which it was, then immediately bought a second because, well, just because :)  Then a little while ago I bought a One10 and really liked the way the sound was slightly coloured as opposed to the hifi of the Supercompact.  So I took the plunge and bought a Two10 which arrived just yesterday.  Mrs S is out so I gave it a full work out this morning, A/B with a Supercompact, also making it a Three10 with the One10 and I have to confess I am totally smitten😍

So here are my brace of Supercompacts up for sale.  Both are around 4 years old and in pretty much exactly the same condition, which is used but not abused.  The chrome corners show some scuffs - these might even polish out, I haven't tried.  Both had very tiny marks on the front leading edge that I touched in with nail varnish - no distortion of the wood so these are now invisible.  Both have very small patches of rubber adhering to them - one on the side, one on the top - from a non-slip mat I placed on them to stop the amp going walkabout.  Both work as they should.  They come with the fitted Roqsolid covers (not the padded jobs though).  In one of them the driver failed and Alex sent me out a replacement that I had fitted locally by a tech but in all the excitement I cannot for the life of me recall which one!  That said I used them in rotation so both have had use, just that one driver is older than the other.  I have never needed to use both as far as volume/headroom are concerned because one of them on its own is loud enough to take you beyond the volume needed for those gigs where the bass goes through the pa.  Although occasionally I have just for the hell of it. :) 

Here is a link to the Barefaced website for all the technical guff you need.  

I am asking £450 each or £850 the pair, collected from Benfleet, meet half-way or I could, depending upon where, possibly deliver for fuel cost. 

One now remaining and I will take £400 cash on collection or bank transfer ahead of time.  No couriers.

I have an embarrassment of feedback, linked in my signature :) 

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

sc4.jpg

sc5.jpg

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 2