Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - mods remove. Aguilar Ag500sc 2x12c combo now £399
£475
Sandhurst, Berks

jonno1981

Price drop £425.

Beast of an amp, which is far too big for my needs! I bought this secondhand a couple of years ago from a function band player. It’s stayed in my conservatory as a rather outsized but ridiculously good sounding practice amp. No gigs, no rehearsals (unfortunately for me), only home volume use in a pet free, smoke free home. 
This is the single channel version with the carpet covered finish. 

The good: 

Sounds immense, I mean, it’s really, really good. Creamy, warm, Aguilar tone. All controls works. 

No significant knocks or marks. The front panel is really clean. 

The bad:

The horn doesn’t work- was like this when I bought it. It doesn’t bother me whatsoever but calling it out here. 

Casters are getting towards the end of their useful life. They still work, but they’re getting on a bit.

Its not small or light! Then again it sounds amazing! I’d guess it was around 30kg at least. It’s a 2x12 non neo cab with a 500 watt solid state head. 

Based in sandhurst. I can’t realistically ship this without original packaging. Buyer to collect and welcome to inspect and try at non-stadium volume levels in my conservatory. 

Ive uploaded a quick walk around vid, I’ll try and do something better when my daughter isn’t getting in the way later. 
I’ll try to answer all PMs within a day.

Possible trades for a really decent but smaller combo! At least 300 watts, nothing bigger than a 1X12. 

A6D835AE-845D-48B6-97A3-45CFFCEF0BF6.jpeg

F69E649F-9529-41DF-9D59-F89E5138D910.jpeg

E2F621D8-1CEE-4E75-89C5-5FD693435A1F.jpeg

D5B2B95C-3E1F-468B-9A9D-D29EC3EB8C66.jpeg

D942E636-D7F4-4BC3-862E-857905A46AE3.jpeg

F5237FF2-7942-4039-96E9-1B349073313D.jpeg

Edited by jonno1981
Remove as I’ll repost as the cab only.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marc, that’s a good question. I’ve honestly not thought about that.
I’ll do some research and maybe take it apart tomorrow. I’m guessing the case is going to be different to the head, at the least having extra mounting holes. If I can use this on its own I might keep hold of it, look for a 1x12 and sell the cab on the cheap without the amp. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much Marc, that’s a decent solution as I love the tone of the amp. I’m going to keep the head, I think that’s most of the value here. I’ll repost the cab and someone can get a bargain.

I need to work out how to get some rack ears for it....