Why become a member? ×

Loopers with MIDI

radiophonic

I need to be able to simutaneously trigger a drum machine and a pre-recorded loop/sample using a footswitch and be able to reset the loop independent of the drum progrramme. It needs to be robust enough to work live.  MIDI seems like the solution. What are my options for loopers. Ditto x4 looks like t will do it but I've never been entirely sold on the sound quality of the basic Ditto I have (it seems to have trouble reaching unity gain and can sound quite grainy to me). I think I can get my DD500 to do it, but it will forget the loop when I power it down (it's a reverse guitar part that I edited together but it's unlayable) I don't want to spend tonnes of cash and I don't need a lot of extra functionality -just the ability to use PC/CC to say 'select this loop and start it it/stop it now'. Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

This was 'launched' earlier this year but doesn't yet seem to be in stock. Must admit I'm very tempted though - and it would potentially give you an all-in-one solution, but it is quite a £spendy option.

image.png.90d4194d803edc016afaad57b7826a05.png

I saw that at the time. I don't really need the rhythm option. I'm using a specific  808 pattern that's on the recording