Why become a member? ×

2 x NBD - Fender content

Sibob

I've been after a Precision 5 string for a while now, there aren't really many options about (that are passive and not P/J), but managed to find a Fender American Professional P5 for an excellent price. 
Very impressed with it so far, came with a nice setup, and I of course have out La Bella flats straight onto it!
Wasn't sure about the Antique Olive in photos, but it's actually a really nice finish in person, especially with the mint scratchplate:

IMG_1927.thumb.JPG.d251280c6c0ac56d375559b5fd58de59.JPG

IMG_1926.thumb.JPG.e5be5d96ec280b857d04ebb72cb02799.JPG

However, I also managed to pick up one of the Player series (MIM) Precisions for a good price too. I'm actually very impressed, needed a tiny bit of work on the setup, but it's dialled in and it sounds excellent, finish is great....if I keep it, I'll put a black scratch plate on it likely:

IMG_1931.thumb.JPG.130dbb3714f42209c77a7162c3195097.JPG

IMG_1933.thumb.JPG.12d6768aa05000eea2a76501408da3de.JPG

Si

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, LewisK1975 said:

Nice, saw one of the buttercream P's in PMT Cardiff last weekend.  My first thought was also 'That's screaming for a BWB scratchplate...

Exactly right!? I like it how it is, but the black will give it a more vintage ‘yellowed Olympic white’ feel I think.

Si

• Like 1

Very nice pair! I reckon the MIM 4 might suit a tort plate, or black. Not the white, it's like a mashup banana custard thing. The only small thing about the P5s is the asymetric pups - I am a bit OCD so it won't bother most.

Love Ps, well done for being a sturdy champion of the finest bass ever (from a bloke who plays Jazzes too).

3 hours ago, Sibob said:

Exactly right!? I like it how it is, but the black will give it a more vintage ‘yellowed Olympic white’ feel I think.

Si

That’s what I’ve done with my one, Si. The Players are really good basses, congrats on both.

• Like 1