Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Epiphone Century Archtop Acoustic Bass With Custom Kent Armstrong Pickup £550 ono
£650
Beccles, Suffolk

kristo

Epiphone Masterbilt DeLuxe Century archtop acoustic bass in excellent condition. Fitted with Labella 760N black nylon strings which I think are an improvement on the stock D'addario’s. The original piezo pickups on these are pretty bad, but I know some people can make them work for what they want. These basses play well and look super cool, so I had some dialog with Aaron at Kent Armstrong pickups about other options that would work for me. He has wound me custom floating pickups for these basses, which give the lovely warm, thuddy tone that I requested. This has been wired directly to the output jack, with the piezo disconnected. The bass now has a beautiful double bass type sound which works brilliantly for the old time stuff I play. Also sounds great unplugged, and when played with a pick sits nicely with an acoustic guitar. Is even louder with roundwounds, but I prefer the tone of the tapes. My gigging bass is the natural finish version, and I got this one as I wanted a sunburst too.  Now other things are needed so this one’s up for sale. £550

Would consider a trade/part exchange for a precision or jazz bass.

I will also include the stock D'addario Black Nylon strings and a gig bag in the sale.

Collection much preferred but please contact me for a potential meet somewhere or posting.

84C874F3-E674-4B46-895C-A36414CF53EC.jpeg

A75B0E6D-FC4F-496C-9F46-677A96627AF3.jpeg

D3CB12D1-1DF2-483A-A2E3-C2B94B71E1B7.jpeg

180B6196-6401-457C-A921-ADC37C52F577.jpeg

Edited by kristo
  • Like 2