Why become a member? ×

Fender 1977/78 Precision Bass Now Sold thanks Alex
£1690
Lancaster

ash

I’m reluctantly selling my lovely Fender USA 77/78 Precision in the rare mocha brown finish. It’s a beautiful bass and as you can see it is in excellent condition. I did sell this once and then bought it back as I love this bass but needs must. 

The bass is totally stock, original finish and includes the bridge cover (but not the pickup cover unfortunately) and thumbrest. Check out the stickers under the scratchplate and pot codes. There’s some slight tarnishing to some of the hardware but all functions as it ought to with lots of life in the frets and trussrod. It has recently been set up with a light fret dress and attention to the nut. It now plays perfectly. It weighs a tad under 4.4kgs so a great weight for a bass of this era. It even has the sales voucher from when it was sold secondhand back in 1989! 

It comes with a modern vintage style Fender case. It sounds fantastic with that real P bass growl when the treble is full on or a smoother tone when rolled off.

The only real wear is where the bridge cover has sat on the area around the bridge, minor scuffs and blemishes elsewhere and a beautiful clean neck. 

No trades and I’d prefer pickup. I could be persuaded to post at buyers cost and arrangement but only in the UK. 

More pictures on request.

Cheers

Edited by ash
Now Sold
  • Like 7

Lovely bass.  Mocha and Antigua grey burst with maple are my favourite Fender finishes from this era for Strats and P-basses.  I'm thinning out my own collection but if this is still here when I've got some funds I'd definitely be interested, although I doubt it will be at that price and in that condition.

• Thanks 1