Why become a member? ×

Ear Buds

Roger2611

Hi all,

I know there are quite a few on here that use in ear monitors so I need some help, I have brought a set of Shure 215's which sound great......if I stand there with my fingers holding them in my ears, which as a bass player is not ideal, I have tried the different sized tips, odd sized tips, memory foam tips and, at best I can get a weak seal with little bass and the breeze of a gnat flying past will see them falling out of my ears so the idea of rocking out on stage with any level of confidence is currently nonexistent ....am I missing a trick or what?

Cheers Rog

7 minutes ago, Roger2611 said:

Hi all,

I know there are quite a few on here that use in ear monitors so I need some help, I have brought a set of Shure 215's which sound great......if I stand there with my fingers holding them in my ears, which as a bass player is not ideal, I have tried the different sized tips, odd sized tips, memory foam tips and, at best I can get a weak seal with little bass and the breeze of a gnat flying past will see them falling out of my ears so the idea of rocking out on stage with any level of confidence is currently nonexistent ....am I missing a trick or what?

Cheers Rog

Custom IEM quads or UE6 or above. You'll never have any problems with fitment then... and if you think the 215s sounds great, prepare to get your thoughts on "great" rebenchmarked!

12 minutes ago, Roger2611 said:

the breeze of a gnat flying past will see them falling out of my ears so the idea of rocking out on stage with any level of confidence is currently nonexistent ....am I missing a trick or what?

When inserting, are you stretching your ear up using your other hand?

47 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Custom IEM quads or UE6 or above. You'll never have any problems with fitment then... and if you think the 215s sounds great, prepare to get your thoughts on "great" rebenchmarked!

Thank you, I guess sounds great bit is subjective but understandable when compared to the standard fodder that comes with a cheaper IEM system, I am sure the Quads and UE6's will sound even better but at the moment I am in the experimental stage of does it work for the band to use an IEM system, can I build one for a sensible budget that will deliver what we need (I think I am about there with the system anyway) but if I cannot get them to stay in my ears it will be a short lived project, either that or I will be on stage with a set of closed back Sennheiser DT250's on my head!

1 hour ago, Roger2611 said:

Thank you, I guess sounds great bit is subjective but understandable when compared to the standard fodder that comes with a cheaper IEM system, I am sure the Quads and UE6's will sound even better but at the moment I am in the experimental stage of does it work for the band to use an IEM system, can I build one for a sensible budget that will deliver what we need (I think I am about there with the system anyway) but if I cannot get them to stay in my ears it will be a short lived project, either that or I will be on stage with a set of closed back Sennheiser DT250's on my head!

Feel free to head over to the IEM thread and we can share all our experiences and share some top tips!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hiya,

I have just moved over to IEM and am using the Comply buds. They are memory foam, are really comfortable, stay in there and do the job for a good price, 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Comply-Isolation-Cancelling-Earphone-Replacement-Black/dp/B002ODUEDO/ref=sr_1_4?crid=Z9V6G86LVOXJ&keywords=comply+t400&qid=1574368451&s=electronics&sprefix=comply+%2Celectronics%2C341&sr=1-4

dead good!