Why become a member? ×

G&L El Toro Bass 1984 Vintage Made in USA (SOLD)
£579
London

denki109

This is an extremely rare passive G&L El Toro Bass from 1984 with matching headstock (the matching headstock versions were made specifically for the 1984 Namm Show). 

Featuring the same unique MFD minihumbuckers that featured on the G&L Interceptor model, this is Leo Fender's amazing refinement of the Jazz Bass. While our American cousins refer to this instrument as a 'Jazz Bass Killer', I'll be far more British and opt for 'Jazz Bass-But Only More So'. Featuring serial and parallel options for the pickups and hum free operation, this instrument really lives up to its name (El Toro means 'Bull' in Spanish). 

It's got a truly wonderful grunt to it and sits in the mix like no other bass I've played. It's very light for G&L (approximately 8.6 pounds) and is super easy to play. The neck is straight and the truss rod operates as it should. Although the bass is sporting flatwound strings in the photos, it'll be sold with standard gauge roundwounds. 

There are a few nicks here and there. I call these the 'rewards of time' and the remnants of a sticker on the back that I'll happily remove properly before sending this fine bass to its new owner. 

I LOVE this bass. Thanks to the vet bills for my dog's recent stint in hospital, however, desperate times call for desperate measures. 

The bass comes with a non-original hardcase. 

This is a unique opportunity to purchase a fantastic and rare USA-made El Toro for a little bit more than a Tribute model. 

645359458_GL1.thumb.jpg.4797b7e2e4b86430a3e6274be641ab0f.jpg

G&L 2.jpg

G&L 3.jpg

G&L 4.jpg

G&L 5.jpg

Edited by denki109
Added Tags
  • Like 3

Desperation is a sad reality. 

I'll be shifting my G&L L2000 (1981) next. It's had more tweaks and mods done to it but it's an equally lovely bass. 

4 minutes ago, smokyflipps said:

Wow that's lovely, in my opinion sold way too cheap.