Why become a member? ×

ashdown abm 600

ebenezer

Thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these and just wondered what you think of them?.....i like the updated 9 band graphic!!....would you say the 600 watts are loud and hefty watts, 

I have used a markbass little mark 2 for some years now, but fancy a change, plus the ashdown looks far more rock and roll than the LM2 haha

cheers folks

I love mine, it’s rare for me to keep gear for more than 6 months and I’ve had the 600 for three years. Its a very loud, date I say hefty amp, the notes are big and powerful. Plus you get the legendary Ashdown customer service thrown in.

I will be selling it very soon if interested (see my thread about having had to leave my band) just gotta pay my £20 subs to put it - along with my ABM cabs and numerous basses - up for sale on here.

Edited by Lozz196

Hi dude

Been using an ABM 600 since January, played through many different cabs on my travels, but my own cab is now a Barefaced 4 x 10.

Plenty of heft, and it almost touches on those old school British Trace Elliot watts . . almost 🙂

Class A/B so a bit heavier than little mark class D stuff, but will make up for it in great tone shaping and plenty of heft,

I have to Keep up with a Huges and Kettner Tri Amp and it does so easily

• Like 1

I picked one up only last week from the forum and used it in rehearsal last night - plenty of volume and it does seem to have a bit more weight to it's delivery than my GK MB500 Fusion (which is no slouch).... as well as having a good deal more weight overall!

Loud rehearsal with guitar, keys, drums and vox - fine with just one of my Berg 112s.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

I will be selling it very soon if interested (see my thread about having had to leave my band) just gotta pay my £20 subs to put it - along with my ABM cabs and numerous precision basses - up for sale on here.

Made it a bit clearer! :)

I've got the rackmount version with a BF SuperTwin or a BF 610. Such a wonderful rounded sound that needs barely any tweaking from default settings.  You can get these really cheap second hand (£300-£350 or so) but no idea why because I only ever hear brilliant things about them.

47 minutes ago, ebenezer said:

Thanks for the comments guys, sounds like a good purchase to me....just for info, cab is a genzbenz NX2  212. which i am very happy with.

Should sound fat as feck through a 212 man, had a Barefaced big twin 2 for a while and sounded beast, the E'q i find is sensitive and intuitive, once you get your head around the nuances you can dial in some killer tone!

1 hour ago, Stofferson said:

Should sound fat as feck through a 212 man, had a Barefaced big twin 2 for a while and sounded beast, the E'q i find is sensitive and intuitive, once you get your head around the nuances you can dial in some killer tone!

I can confirm it sounds fat and hefty with a 212! I'm very pleased with my couple of week old ABM 600. I just came from an Ampeg PF-500 and quite a few years before that I had a LMII. It's like there are some frequencies that don't fill out in the same way with class D. At least not the stuff I've tried.

The size/weight does mean I can't put my head in my gigbag anymore, but it does balance nicely with my pedalboard in the other hand!

IMG_20191122_153632.jpg

Edited by MichaelDean
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to be clear: all Markbass LM2 heads were/are class AB. I've owned an ABM600 and still own a class AB LM2. The ABM600 is capable of a much higher apparent output than the LM2; I only sold mine because I so rarely if ever needed the huge power it possessed.