Why become a member? ×

Closing Down Sale
£2
Farnham, Surrey - GU10 1

As some of you already know Mrs OBBM and I will be relocating to West Cornwall once our current house has been sold and I am taking the move as an opportunity to wind-up Rock-Wire and fully retire.

I am therefore starting to sell off surplus cable and components.

Sommer SC-Classique Vinatge Tweed Yellow/Black @ £2.00 per metre plus postage

Sommer Tricone Mk2 @ £1 per metre plus postage (good for pedalboards)

Sommer Spirit LLX @ £2.50 per metre plus postage

Klotz AC110 @ £2.50 per metre plus postage

Sommer SYMASYM Combined Instrument/Monitor Cable @ £5 per metre

Hicon Banjo Jacks @£2.00 each

Postage will depend on length/weight and the cheapest is Royal Mail 2nd Class @ £3.00 for up to 2Kg.

Edited by obbm

26 minutes ago, magee said:

Sorry to hear this Dave, though obviously it sounds lovely for you and Mrs OBBM. Thanks for all the cable-related help. I'm sure I'll be playing through your cables for very many years to come. 

Matthew

What he said.  

A lovely part of the world (though it rains a lot).  Whereabouts in W Cornwall?

28 minutes ago, Paul S said:

What he said.  

A lovely part of the world (though it rains a lot).  Whereabouts in W Cornwall?

About midway between Hayle and Helston near Godolphin House. Easy reach of both coasts and away from the touristy places.  I left Cornwall when I was 11 and now it's time to go home, albeit 63 years later.  It remains to be seen what the music situation is there and whether anyone wants a 74 year old bass player. 😀

• Like 3

Ooh, that's lovely round there.  Hayle is so very pretty (plus the home of Philps pasties of course).  I have a good friend, Jane, who runs a plant nursery 'Hayle Plants' which is almost walking distance from where you are talking about.  She is an excellent grower, should you need anything for your new garden :)  

5 hours ago, obbm said:

About midway between Hayle and Helston near Godolphin House. Easy reach of both coasts and away from the touristy places.  I left Cornwall when I was 11 and now it's time to go home, albeit 63 years later.  It remains to be seen what the music situation is there and whether anyone wants a 74 year old bass player. 😀

Hayle have an excellent brass band. What are you like on Eb bass?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Does this mean you’ve ceased taking custom orders already or are you still “open for business” for a little longer?

Thanks. I invested in  a quantity of cable before the anticipated Brexit last March and before we decided to move so I'm initially trying to reduce my stock. It may be a while before we actually move so its business as usual until then or the end of the current financial year, which ever comes first.  If I still have some cable and components left then I will undertake the occasional custom job for BC members and friends. One of the complications will be postage as there is no convenient Post Office close to where we are moving and the mobile one only visits once a week.  Oh the joys of rural Cornwall.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, skankdelvar said:

Thanks for all the quality gear you've made for us BassChatters over the years, OBBM. I think we've always regarded you as the industry standard.

Enjoy your retirement and the best of times in your new home :)

I was about to write something but the above sums it up. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

As others have said we'll miss you a lot on BC

Just to clarify Dave, I'm retiring from business not bass playing so I shall still be here as a regular member.

Edited by obbm
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, obbm said:

Just to clarify Dave, I'm retiring from business not bass playing so I shall still be here as a regular member.

Great to hear you'll still be playing. We're still gonna miss your excellent workmanship with our cables.

If my cables ever give out i'll need to retire cause no-one else makes cables to that quality Dave.

Retirement is brilliant. Did it 3 yrs ago now and all stress has disappeared completely. I can now do what i want and when i want as long as my wife approves of course. :laugh1:

Enjoy retirement from work.

Dave

• Like 1

Massive shoes to fill. Basschat will be the poorer without your bespoke cable service. Knowing that whatever is wrong with my gear it definitely is not the cables has made my life so much easier, so much less stressful 

Enjoy going home, and thank you. 

• Like 2