Why become a member? ×

Squier Starcaster Bass

BrunoBass

I popped into PMT Birmingham earlier today and they had a couple of Squier Starcaster guitars on display, just in. A Classic Vibe and a lower priced Affinity version. 

Having fancied one of the discontinued Fender Modern Player basses I asked if Squier had a bass version coming? They weren’t sure, and there’s nothing on Fender’s website. Does anyone know if a Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster Bass is imminent? They can have my money now if there is! 

1 hour ago, Delberthot said:

I always thought that the Starcaster range was the bottom of the bottom of the range, below the Affinity range for Littlewoods catalogue and Argos etc

The Starcaster name has been used as a budget range, I’m talking about the Starcaster model. 

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/fender-starcaster-bass-guitar-in-black

Incidentally the Affinity range are perfectly adequate instruments, despite their low price.

I had one briefly; lovely rich sound to it and well built (although the jack was quite loose).  I dare say they were overpriced, being Chinese-made, and there is still a stigma about instruments from there.  
I may also suggest they had a wave of popularity when Royal Blood came to the fore, but the fashion has since passed.

I think a Squier Starcaster Bass would be fantastic. I really wanted a Fender one, but a few things put me off.

As Squier have resurrected the Starcaster model, it wouldn't be impossible to think that they would bring a bass out. It would also give the Squier bass line something they don't have, a hollow body bass! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

TBH why would anyone have a Starcaster when they could have a 335 ?

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder - I think these are gorgeous and absolutely love the offset body and headstock.  For me they add a different flavour to the usual symmetrical double cutaway hollow bodies.  If Squier do throw a model into the ring I'll be having a close look and listen.

• Like 1