Why become a member? ×

Soz all - Customs invoice for Norway question

Owen

Just as @kevin_lindsay said, but make it 3 copies as this is what Customs will need. May I also advise you to make an invoice on your own for the gear you've sold stating it's second hand.

Beware that Norway isn't part of the EEC, so your buyer will have to pay all the taxes and duties, hence the importance of your invoice (in 3 copies) stating it's second hand and the full names and addresses.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Calling @BassTractor 😀

Although I believe the advice Kevin has given is correct. I’m surprised your courier didn’t give you specific instructions. They normally do.

Yup. That's why I kept silent (unbelievable that I even managed, I know 😀).
I think it's a good idea to put many copies of the document in that envelope, as some offices will need a copy for their bookkeeping.
I've been advised that six copies is good, and that number does indeed follow the logic of the exporting and importing process, but I often find many copies still in the envelope.

All of that said, @owen, the most stupid thing you can do is to send a bass to Norway. The smart thing to do is travel to Norway and take the bass with you. That way you get to visit Norway - an awesome country.
I visited Norway once. As a result, people at my workplace in Holland are wondering each and every day whether I will turn up....
...and have done so for nearly 36 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

I think it's a good idea to put many copies of the document in that envelope, as some offices will need a copy for their bookkeeping.
I've been advised that six copies is good, and that number does indeed follow the logic of the exporting and importing process, but I often find many copies still in the envelope.

All of that said, @owen, the most stupid thing you can do is to send a bass to Norway. The smart thing to do is travel to Norway and take the bass with you. That way you get to visit Norway - an awesome country.
I visited Norway once. As a result, people at my workplace in Holland are wondering each and every day whether I will turn up....
...and have done so for nearly 36 years.

Well if they are still paying you at work in Holland, you have a result!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

:o

smiley

12 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

The smart thing to do is travel to Norway and take the bass with you. That way you get to visit Norway - an awesome country.

smiley

• Haha 2