Why become a member? ×

Dave McOxford

Dave McOxford

• 1 month later...

Dave Smart is my go-to chap, lives on Cumnor Hill, google Smart Guitars. Tell him that Dave from the Grateful Dudes recommended him to you , that should jump you straight to the back of the queue!

I live between Abingdon and Witney, we are almost neighbours!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chyc said:

Oh duh, for some reason I thought you meant double bass. If it's electric bass I've had a few services done by RPGuitars. Very fast turnaround and my basses played so much better afterwards.

https://rpguitars.co.uk/

Is that the one that used to operate out of the shop on the corner as you come into Abingon on the A415, just as you go round the corner  by the traffic lights? If so, I think he's moved to Wales now.

5 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Is that the one that used to operate out of the shop on the corner as you come into Abingon on the A415, just as you go round the corner  by the traffic lights? If so, I think he's moved to Wales now.

His name's Bob and he seems to operate from his home. I know he used to work in Abingdon, moved away for a while then came back. I don't know where he went but it may well have been Wales. He is (current as of 2019) working in Abingdon.

Edited by chyc

4 minutes ago, chyc said:

His name's Bob and he seems to operate from his home. I know he used to work in Abingdon, moved away for a while then came back. I don't know where he went but it may well have been Wales. He is (current as of 2019) working in Abingdon.

Worth knowing, as I'm just up the road from Abingdon (Standlake). Thanks!

RP guitars is my mate Bob Pimm. He lives in Cheney Walk off Northcourt Rd.

Being an ex trained turner by trade ( we both worked for the same engineering company back in the 90's )  and quite a superb guitarist, he is a fastidious worker. You cant go wrong with him. John East has , in the past, had Bob make some batchwork stuff for Johns company.

Also as  recommended, try Dave Smart of   https://www.smartguitars.co.uk/

He is also a very accurate and fastidious worker. He builds guitars too.

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1