Why become a member? ×

FenderBird Build, it all started with a spare bridge.

AngelDeVille

7 hours ago, lou24d53 said:

Can I ask, where you getting your bodies from?

I'm particularly interested in the Explorer one above, might be keen for a future project myself, seeing as I play in a Who covers band.

I found them on ebay usa. 

one guy (rosser) did the 51, reverse and non-reverse bird bodies, but wouldn't do the explorer or V.

Explorer and V (gluff) cost a bit more, but he was the only one I could find to make them.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2020 at 11:09, lou24d53 said:

Can I ask, where you getting your bodies from?

I'm particularly interested in the Explorer one above, might be keen for a future project myself, seeing as I play in a Who covers band.

I got an explorer body off ebay for £26 the user name is twincam

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/11/2019 at 17:23, SpondonBassed said:

I agree re: the pickguard.  My eye keeps going to the lower right hand corner of the unfinished body as seen in the image above.  It's different to the bass on the left.

I suspect that the snipped corner is to attempt to circumvent any copyright issues. It's really obviously a Thunderbird anyway, but that may be enough difference to stop the lawyers sending "Da Boyz" round.

On 21/02/2020 at 19:48, AngelDeVille said:

I found them on ebay usa. 

one guy (rosser) did the 51, reverse and non-reverse bird bodies, but wouldn't do the explorer or V.

Explorer and V (gluff) cost a bit more, but he was the only one I could find to make them.

What's the quality of the body like? I'm thinking of getting one for my weird T-bird project as no-one seems to be selling any second hand T-bird bodies at the moment. Customs and shipping costs could make it a teensy bit expensive though.