Why become a member? ×

Supercompact+Eich t900 vs Two ten+Gr bass mini?

Radchenko

Hello,

Two ten is 4ohms, 350watts with Grbass mini one.

Supercompact is 8ohms 600 watts with Eich t900. (Sounds too much for a little cabinet maybe?).

What do you think is best option please? BEST sounding? More loud? One cab solution for all? Etc.

Thank you.

Edited by Radchenko

Depends what you want to do with it. “Best” is subjective I’m afraid.

Email Barefaced and give them examples of your playing style and expectations, the sorts of amps you’re considering and they can then point you in a suitable direction.

Edited by Merton
  • Like 1

Barefaced said this:

What is best sounding depends on your personal preference. SC with T900 will probably be louder.

I don’t know what the GR Bass amp sounds like.

Best regards,
--------------
It is not 100% sure what is louder. When I had 2*10 Cabs in the past (Ampeg svt210he or TC rs 210 with Aguilar th500, Ampeg B2r) I was Happy with the power and loudness of those gears. I know the sound of tecamp and eich amps but not how grbass sounds. I red that gr bass sound more like a solid state amp, this is good in my opinion.

Thank you.
Edited by Radchenko

Why those heads with those cabinets? Thy not the Eich with the 210? Or the other way around.

Both heads are very modern and very full and clear sounding. So is the super compact. Not quite as much as as something like the Big Baby, but it still tends towards uncoloured and full range. The 2x10 that Barefaced do (or any of their 10" cabs) have a much more coloured, old fashioned sound.

There's probably not much to chose between the heads and it'll come out pretty equal (Eich is more powerful I guess) but the cabs are pretty far apart. Depends on what you want to sound like I suppose.

Edited by Jack

I've a TecAmp Puma900 which is basically the same as the Eich900 before Eich left TecAmp and TecAmp got bought by the Americans.

I use it with both a Barefaced Supermidget and with an old Super12T

The Super12T can be very loud.

The Supermidget is loud enough to live with an enthusiastically battered Ludwig drum kit

Both leave plenty of headroom.

HTH

Edited by Twigman

45 minutes ago, Twigman said:

Well if it's 900W @ 4 ohms - it'll be about 450W @ 8ohm  and around 300W @ 12ohm  approx

It seems inefficient to pair a 900W amp with a single 12ohm cab, as like you say you're effectively turning it into a 300W amp.  In that case, the GR Bass Mine One would be about the same volume but save £500.  My understanding is that the 12ohm option is more for when using multiple Two10s (three 12ohm cabs = 4ohms).

1 hour ago, Radchenko said:

I can't use eich t900 with two ten because the watts, 900 watts 4 ohms is too much for one two ten alone I think.

Barefaced website says "safe with up to 800W if you're running fairly clean sounds".  I used to run a 600W @ 8ohm amp with a One10 so I think you'd be fine using the T900 with a 4ohm Two10 - just don't cane it.