Why become a member? ×

iPhone interface?

Basstech21

Hey Guys

Im trying to find a decent interface that will enable me to practice/learn songs etc using my iPhone and playing to songs on Spotify etc. I’ve tried a few interfaces - sonicport, iRig, Link etc - but they are all pretty bad quality/headphone output is crap. I’ve tried fiddling with all the settings and have spent ages trying to tweak and force them to work - but have failed! 

is there a good interface out there that will work with iPhone iOS 13.0 ???

cheers!! 
JB 

5 hours ago, Basstech21 said:

Im trying to find a decent interface that will enable me to practice/learn songs etc using my iPhone and playing to songs on Spotify etc. I’ve tried a few interfaces - sonicport, iRig, Link etc - but they are all pretty bad quality/headphone output is crap.

Just to check, when you say "interface" do you mean specifically something to enable to get the bass signal into a computer for recording? If you mean it's just for playing along to the iPhone, you can pick any number of preamp pedal which has headphone output and aux input - TC Electronic SpectraDrive, Ampeg SCR-DI, etc.  Or cheaper, a Zoom B1on.

Get yourself a Line 6 HX Stomp. Seamless integration with iPhone and iPad, connected via USB your iOS device just automatically sees it as a sound card and starts sending audio to it. Obviously this may be a tad over your budget but it just works and gives you a ton of options.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Apple and Line6 need to knock their heads together...

fuming that my sonic port isn’t working currently.

I bought a little focusrite thing and sold it as I’d heard the gremlins in the sonic port were sorted.

they aren’t. Now I don’t have anything.

Focusrite iTrack Solo works really well and makes great recordings.
Everything is through GarageBand and you run that in the back ground and can play along to any music on your phone through any player

of course the headphone output is entirely related to the headphone out. I have the recent iOS and an older I phone with a headphone jack, but I am sure there is either a lightning splitter out there or peeps use Bluetooth headphones etc.

Backbeat has the ability to be an interface, and of course useful playing in general to feel your notes

I also use a Focusrite iTrack (but the "pocket" version) with my iPad and previously with an iPhone 6. Works great with the Bias Amp/Fx/JamUp apps and Garageband. Cheap as chips too... but totally relies on your device having a headphone output.