Why become a member? ×

Poster - any artwork gurus here ?

fleabag

8 hours ago, fleabag said:

The crowd were superb. They love their live music. Makes a refreshing change from playing in a pub where no one is paying attention and the night ends up like a paid rehearsal.

Our drummist and singist are married and they've known the Louise and her husband for 25 years, so thats how we got the gig. Lovely landlords. They also love their live muisc.

Bloody tight though. We got 7 people in that corner , Ooops mate :)

Blimey, how did you squeeze 7 in? We have struggled with 5 of us in there before!

17 hours ago, Oopsdabassist said:

7??????  we struggled with 5  😂

It was a wet night as I recall, and people walking past, being wet and hearing music would come in by that door, then half the pub couldn't see us until the door shut!!

Struggle was an understatement  :)

The 3 singers were lined up near the door in that corner which they shut, and punters had to use the other door.  Laughage  !

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, alant said:

Blimey, how did you squeeze 7 in? We have struggled with 5 of us in there before!

The worst bit was setting up. We had to do it one band member at a time :)

Drums first, then me and guitarist, and that was as many as we could get along the back wall.

Keys went into the bay window, and then 3 singers lined up across the front ...weird !

• Like 1

Probably for the best - some daft punters would turn up expecting to see a performing donkey.

For one of my previous bands I used different british comedy icons for the posters to give a bit of variety. One of them featured the great Les Dawson in his Ada persona. The landlord told us he had received a phone call from a punter asking if Les Dawson was really appearing at his pub. He replied 'No mate, he's been dead ten years!'

5 hours ago, fleabag said:

The 5 other members rejected the donkey.  ☹️

Its just the afro and glasses now. Boo!

Shame.

If we'd got another two versions of the idea you could have had a four paned poster Andy Warhol stylee.  (Remember where you heard the idea first, heeheehee.)

Edit:  If you like that, what do you reckon to a panelled quilt as band merch?

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, fleabag said:

The worst bit was setting up. We had to do it one band member at a time :)

Drums first, then me and guitarist, and that was as many as we could get along the back wall.

Keys went into the bay window, and then 3 singers lined up across the front ...weird !

Yes I can picture that. We are 4 piece now so was easier earlier this year.

3 hours ago, Angel said:

Hey, I hope people noticed that I added the hair at the top as well!

Yes.  The cropped original was lacking.

You can't see the join.  You wouldn't happen to be the one who supplied Ernie Wise's hairpieces were you?  Eric couldn't see the join there either.

image.png.11ebe9845889098eac79e867694d56a2.png

@fleabag;  I reckon you might be able to harvest a crop of images from this topic that would eventually make a great composite poster...  (keep 'em coming folks).  Your keys bod might well win the day yet.

On 18/11/2019 at 06:51, Oopsdabassist said:

I've played the New Inn....'cosy' ain't it? Great atmosphere though.

We played there a couple of years ago, cosy yes... 

As I recall we played the first few songs to three old men down the other end of the bar. Then a gang of 11-15 students arrived and carnage ensued, turned into a great gig.