Why become a member? ×

Stupid modding question

Owen

I am rationalising kit. I have too much.

I have 2 Fdeck HPF boxes which I would like to combine into a metal floor box. I would like to use them as an active AB box for Bass Guitar and Double Bass. I would like an AB footswitch with lights to clue me in with what channel is open. I would like an overall mute footswitch, also lit. I do not need LEDs that can be seen from outerspace. The footswitches need to be electrically silent. All that pop and bang stuff through my amp drives me up the wall! I would want to keep the volumes and the HPFs independent for each channel. I would also like a passive tone roll off on each side, but if that is the stupidest idea it is not a deal breaker. I would also like a balanced DI out. I have a BSS DI box which is willing to sacrifice itself for the greater good.  I would also like to plumb a Behringer P2 headphone amp in. And I would like all to work off 9V power supply socket so that it becomes a battery free zone. 

Am I barking, or is this do-able?

I could mount them all onto a piece of wood, but would not have the tidy element I crave and also not footswitchable and mutable etc. I know there are pieces of kit out there which would do this, but I happen to REALLY like what the Fdeck HPF does to piezos and passive basses.

This could just be a passing phase as I sift through stuff on a Sunday afternoon.