Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Micro expression pedal
£40
London

AJ567

Here we have a unique expression pedal designed and and built by yours truly!

The idea here was to have an expression pedal that allows very granular control while taking up minimal pedalboard space in a 1590a enclosure.

You control it by moving your foot forward and backwards on the wheel. Forwards is "toe down" and backwards is "heel down". 

Must be fitted at the edge of your pedalboard so that the wheel overhangs. If you have a t-rex or mono type board (I.e. "thin") then you can mount it underneath the board, so you get expression control while taking up zero space.

Will work with any pedal that wants a TRS jack and 10k linear pot for the expression input.

A lot of effort went into this, with no expense spared because I wanted to make it as robust as possible. Uses a switchcraft jack and a ridiculously expensive alpha pot. The wheel is mounted to the pot shaft using a clever little gadget from an Italian robotics company (meant to be used for attaching motor to drive shaft)... very hard to find!

The fun bit is you can swap out the wheel for any normal skate wheel, in any size! The one I have on there now works nicely for a size 10uk foot.

Works best with flat soled shoes, for obvious reasons!

NB. I strongly reccomend attaching this to your board with 3M low profile dual lock. Feels rock solid underfoot. Velcro also works but dual lock is better.

This project turned out fantastically well, the degree of control is amazing, much smoother than a standard wah-type pedal. I'm only selling because I just don't need it anymore!

£40 posted.

20190329_152628.jpg

20190329_153008.jpg

20190329_152911.jpg

20190329_153254.jpg

20190329_153150.jpg

20190329_154606.jpg

20190329_154610.jpg

Edited by AJ567
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...