Why become a member? ×

Just broke my Vox Ap2-BS

Gomez68

So there I was trying to multi task , open tbe door   sit on the bed and have a quick mess with my bass and as I sat on the bed... my Vox mini amp just fell to bits ... obviously school boy error on my part , for just flopping down with my bass in hand...  so I have to get this soldiered and glued ... frustrated... anyone use alternatives to the Vox? 

14 minutes ago, Gomez68 said:

anyone use alternatives to the Vox?

It's a little more expensive and has cables to consider but I use a Zoom B3 to practice with headphones.   There were a couple advertised here when I bought it.  It has been superseded by Zoom's B3n so you should get one for a good price.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, madshadows said:

I have a Donner Bass Guitar Headphone AMP Basement Pocket FX WAH Rechargeable Mini Guitar Practice Amplifier I got from Amazon, currently £13 if you are a prime member, good little silent practice thing, sounds pretty good as well.

John  :)

I have one of these you can have for free. I bought it when I lost my vox on tour, it's so hissy it hurts to use - thankfully the vox turned up in a case soon after. 

• Like 1

I had the Vox Amplug and it disintegrated under very little duress, I have the Nux GP1 which is much more robust a third of the price and sounds horrible. I have a Zoom B1on which runs on AA batteries and makes a great headphone amp and is very cheap but bulky. Same goes for the Vox Pathfinder, but does have a usable speaker for low volume practise. 

The one that got away was my Pocket Rockit which was just great. Actually I gave it away to a mate when I had 'given up' playing bass 🤦🏼‍♂️ and now you can't buy them. 

I like the look of this Screenshot_20191117_095642_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.thumb.jpg.3cd9715c9f229933b3e45a1ac98762f5.jpg

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 1

I have one of these, it's much more robust than the amPlug and works pretty well, the belt clip on the back is handy but it does lack some of the great features of the Amplug.  The lack of an aux input is the biggest issue for me, I'd like to be able to plug my mp3 player in so I can jam to some backing tracks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

I have one of these, it's much more robust than the amPlug and works pretty well, the belt clip on the back is handy but it does lack some of the great features of the Amplug.  The lack of an aux input is the biggest issue for me, I'd like to be able to plug my mp3 player in so I can jam to some backing tracks.

Ah that is a major oversight. I wonder if some sort of splitter cable could be made

• Like 1