Why become a member? ×

CD recorder fault.

mybass

Ive had a Teac twin deck CD player/recorder for a while but the recording deck jumps when trying to play or record. The player only deck is fine.

One repair shop simply told me its not worth trying to repair it.

Anyone ever repaired one or have any idea if its repairable? (I'm told that dealing with the laser is not advisable).

Cleaning the laser would be my first step, failing that the next step is to work out which cd mechanism it has, there are not really that many companies making the laser units so you should be able to buy a replacement one, depending on the unit it might be a simple job of unplugging the old one and plugging in the replacement. 

• Like 1

On 16/11/2019 at 23:36, Matt P said:

Cleaning the laser would be my first step, failing that the next step is to work out which cd mechanism it has, there are not really that many companies making the laser units so you should be able to buy a replacement one, depending on the unit it might be a simple job of unplugging the old one and plugging in the replacement. 

I took it apart, cleaned the laser but its still a non happening thing. I get the feel from talking to a repair shop that its probably not worth repairing.