Why become a member? ×

Insurance time - any recommendations?

51m0n

I'll probably be going with New Moon. Spoke over phone running through a load of questions about the policy etc and they were extremely accommodating despite my caution. They offered to add the items to my policy if I provide an excel sheet saving me the hassle of doing it online and giving me an even more tailored quote. Impressed already... 

On 16/11/2019 at 12:03, chris_b said:

I insure myself. Having been playing for over 50 years and never made a claim (never had an accident or loss) I'm currently offering myself a 100% no claims bonus.

I do that too, don't bother with insurance if I can replace items from my savings, so just buildings and car insurance for me, statistically it's got to be cheaper otherwise insurance companies would go bust

4 hours ago, 51m0n said:

Do New Moon do equipment as well as instruments? Could only see instruments on their website...

3 hours ago, Kevsy71 said:

I've had an amp and cab insured through New Moon.

Yep, got all my gear including amps/cabs/pedals with them.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

It's worth pointing out that New Moon includes public liability, and for a small up-charge also cover theft from unattended vehicles.

Yes...but worth adding (as I have done on similar threads) that "unattended vehicle" doesn't mean stolen from any car or van, it means stolen from a locked boot,. glove compartment, or other area in the vehicle that is not visible from the road.  Often quite tricky with a bass, so check the terms before paying extra for the cover

3 minutes ago, Monkey Steve said:

Yes...but worth adding (as I have done on similar threads) that "unattended vehicle" doesn't mean stolen from any car or van, it means stolen from a locked boot,. glove compartment, or other area in the vehicle that is not visible from the road.  Often quite tricky with a bass, so check the terms before paying extra for the cover

I think you’d struggle to get insurance from anywhere that covers instruments left unattended & visible..!

27 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

I think you’d struggle to get insurance from anywhere that covers instruments left unattended & visible..!

I spoke to New Moon and they said cover any unattended items in a vehicle so long as all security features are enabled and windows are closed (provided you can’t fit it in the boot).

Musicguard also do this, although ive never had to make a claim

Actually on the subject of musicguard, ive been with them for years, never made a claim, but at the moment im having really difficulty getting new gear added to my policy. They are just ignoring my emails. Will be going elsewhere after this weekend.

Edited by dave_bass5