Why become a member? ×

Fender 1983 Jazz Bass Dan Smith Era USA now sold
£815
Lancaster

ash

A recent buy this is a 1983 Dan Smith era Fender US Jazz Bass. I’m selling as an old bass of mine I regret selling has come up. 

Beautiful bass that came to me in dire need of setting up, new strings and a good clean. Now the action is fine, truss rod tweaked and the bass has had stickers and muck removed. It has been strung with Rotos 40-100s. You can see where one of the removed stickers has left a lighter patch underneath it - annoying but only cosmetic. The stock switchcraft jack has been replaced as it was worn out but I’ll include the old one. 

Bass sounds and plays great and has the rare one piece scratchplate and strat type controls. These are often modded with chrome control plates so nice to see one stock. Truss rod and micro tilt mechanism works, loads of life in the frets. The neck is lovely to play. One or two minor paint dings on the bottom rear edge of the body near the strap button. Bass weighs 4.6kgs nice and balanced on a strap - wide strap and straplocks included. 

Bass was used and gigged in smokey clubs throughout its life. 

I’m selling for what it owes me.  Pickup preferred but can courier at buyer’s cost. 
No trades. 

UK only.

Edited by ash
Sold thanks Norm
  • Like 4