Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn

Marcus

Hi Guys,

[b]With some major regret I'm selling my Fender Jazz Custom shop 1970 Ltd Ed,[/b]

This is the 2nd example of this rare instrument i've owned, I regretted selling the first one so much I bought another.......

This is the Jazz Bass to end all Gas for Jazz Basses...... What a 1970's Jazz bass should have been, lightweight swamp ash body with the highest standard of construction you'll ever see on any Fender Jazz Bass ( I owned a Mark Kendrick 66 Masterbuild and to be honest it wasn't as good as this in terms of playability and tone)

So Why am I selling it ? Well i've got no doubt i'll regret it, but I want to hang my hat on 1 bass and just use it, get to know it and progress as a player instead of chopping and changing and adjusting to new gigging instruments constantly.....

I think listing my basses on another thread (over 80) has brought me to my senses.... i'm ashamed really !!

I'm going to hang my hat on my Lakland for both bands, it's a real swiss army knife of tone..... Not as good as a good Jazz or Ray but close enough, and i've got big hands so the slightly bigger neck profile suits more than the Jazz in fairness....

[b]See fender site for details........... Pics to follow when the light is better[/b]

[url="http://www.fender.com/customshop/instruments/search.php?partno=9270000288"]http://www.fender.com/customshop/instrumen...rtno=9270000288[/url]

Cheers
Mark

Edited by Marcus

[quote name='Marcus' post='40087' date='Aug 1 2007, 05:00 PM']So Why am I selling it ? Well i've got no doubt i'll regret it, but I want to hang my hat on 1 bass and just use it, get to know it and progress as a player instead of chopping and changing and adjusting to new gigging instruments constantly.....[/quote]

To quote Smokey, I second that emotion :) . I'm trying to do the same at present. I think the more you play the one bass, at home, rehearsal, live and in the studio, and the more you experiment with strings, amps and cabs with that bass, the more you can get any tone you want out of it anyway.
Good luck with the sale mate, hope the Lakkie turns out to be 'The One'.
Chris
PS if you're a potential buyer, Mark is one of the best guys on here to deal with, so you can be confident that the Jazz is everything he says.

[quote name='steve' post='40181' date='Aug 1 2007, 08:14 PM']omg, that's fabulous, if only i had that kind of cash[/quote]

That's what credit cards were invented for..... LOL

Pics later this evening........ Ebay at the Weekend if it's not sold here.....

May Consider taking Jap Jazz as a PX

Mark

Edited by Marcus

[quote name='odub' post='40444' date='Aug 2 2007, 02:02 PM']Would you trade for a kidney? Used, but in good condition.[/quote]

Not sure about the Kidney.... but a decent liver would be a possibility.... pref one that's not been saturated with JD over the years like mine !!

[quote name='Beedster' post='40337' date='Aug 2 2007, 09:30 AM']I'm assuming that's PX mate?[/quote]

Yes mate that's what I meant to say.... i've ammended now ta !! :)

Edited by Marcus

80 bass guitars? And out of all of those you've chosen this one to sell? After already selling one and missing it so much you had to go back and buy another?

Are you sure you don't want to sell 60 or so of the collection before letting go of this one?

Edited by The Funk

[quote name='The Funk' post='40471' date='Aug 2 2007, 03:16 PM']80 bass guitars? And out of all of those you've chosen this one to sell? After already selling one and missing it so much you had to go back and buy another?

Are you sure you don't want to sell 60 or so of the collection before letting go of this one?[/quote]

Hi Guys..... Sorry what I meant was that i've owned around 80 basses - I don't currently have 80 basses in my collection, that would be justr plain greedy !!! :)