Why become a member? ×

NBD - Tantalisingly turquoise

invertigo

Well, close enough to turquoise anyway!

Nothing fancy here, just a Fender Player series Jazz in Tidepool, absolutely fell in love seeing the colour on a P bass in store, so I had to have a J in it. Excuse the crud photo, I was home late and more concerned with playing than photographing 😁

Quick setup done as the action was a bit high for me, but the relief seems spot on from the factory.

On a related note, the pickups seem to be a bit low and aren't raising when loosening off the screws... I assume they probably just need a bit more foam sticking underneath, as the screws keep coming up but the pickups dont?

20191113_195702.jpg

IMG-20191113-WA0009.jpeg

Edited by invertigo
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, grayn said:

Looks nice but not very turquoise👀

It really doesn't come across very well on camera, probably not helped by the very yellow lighting in my lounge. In some lights its blue, some lights it looks green-ish, some lights it looks almost grey-blue.

Either way, its a lovely colour in the flesh and I'm loving the sound and feel from the instrument. Certainly a noticeable step up over the Ibanez GSR200 I had.

On 15/11/2019 at 12:14, invertigo said:

... well thats stunning!

Might have to try out a black plate myself now, and here's me thinking I was done spending for a while... 😅

Done spending! Oh that's  a good one, oh deary me, ha ha. Thanks for that, priceless. 

• Haha 1