Why become a member? ×

Laney nexus sl 1000

tubbybloke68

Hi all,in my quest/wish to achieve an all home grown set up I’ve come across these but haven’t had time to try one yet.I prefer a clean/quick responsive type amp but not averse to being able to dial in some grit at all.i use barefaced cabs with tweeters.many years ago my first proper amp was a laney pro bass combo which served me very well.Any thoughts /experiences would be appreciated please.I noticed andertons in Guildford sell them which is pretty local to me.

the videos I’ve found are informative but just wondering about real word experience/reliability etc.

any comments greatly received.cheers 

I like Laney stuff. Considering it's British built, by real people earning real wages as opposed to children in Far Eastern sweatshops who are paid in sweets, it's very fairly priced. It's also solid and well made (and not the lightest as a result, but that's not the end of the world). Whether it will be better than your Puma is something only you can decide. The bar is certainly set pretty high. At least the Puma is made somewhere other than the PRC if you decide to keep it. Have fun.

Edited by Dan Dare