Why become a member? ×

What Would You Choose?

stewblack

Fantasy board time - within strict limits! I was looking at those little pedal strips, you know the Valeton Dapper that Tech 21 ripped off with their so called Sansamp Fly Rig. 

Got me thinking. If you could have just 5 pedals, in a row on a small board what would you choose? And how would you power it? 

Thinking initially just type of pedals (at the moment I'd probably have 5 different distortions, a month or so back it would have been 5 envelope filters) but if you have brands in mind too then have at it.

Only five, no multi effects, all stomp boxes. 

Go for it. 

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 1

If I had just 5 to chose from id have the below, I own some currently, would be a step down to 1 fuzz from 3 on my current board.

Sansamp Bddi V2 / Or Sansamp SH-1 (once i have tried it)

Sovtek Green Russian Deluxe (mids!!)

Dunlop Geezer Butler Wah

Micro Thumpinator

Korg Pitch Black Tuner

I got the Warwick rockboard patch cables with the flat heads, best I've used yet for durability and space saving.

Power wise, I'd like a T rex classic, so I can power off a sturdy IEC cable rather than the 9 volters, I know board aint an option but i have the Rockboard with the MOD1 in it (is that cheating haha)

• Like 1

Ok.... I’ll play. 

Spectracomp> grizzly bass> Tc corona chorus> Tc subnup> fwonkbeta

EBS flat patch cables, all powered from a cioks Dc 5 under the paedaltrain nano.

this without the tuner  😃

FBC4E39F-DADD-4CD3-8B65-2BDAD8B7D2CA.jpeg

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 2

TU-2, Okto-Nøjs, EHX Bass Clone, EBS Fuzzmo / Chowny Fuzzster, Palmer Bass Deepressor.

Probably :/

Dammit! Forgot the Microthumpinator.

TU-2, Microthumpinator, Okto-Nøjs,  EBS Fuzzmo, Palmer Bass Deepressor.

Edited by Teebs
Goldfish memory
  • Like 2

Compressor, Octaver, Distortion, Envelope, Chorus, is I think what I would go for, but I might need to sacrifice the compressor for a second distortion. One low gain one high. I'd power it with my little recheargable battery gizmo I think.

Impressed with those including a tuner or coming in under the five. You show restraint the like of which I can only dream about.

Just now, Teebs said:

Nowt wrong with that.

More things = more things to let you down at a gig.

I don't see the point in 50% of my pedals (i.e the Orange Burst)... then I ask myself 'what would Jamerson do?' ... Answer = He'd plug straight in to the desk, and not be offered any work after 1975...

No... I've heard Stew's playing, and it sounds bloody great... obviously that's because of all them pedals! 😃

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

I don't see the point in 50% of my pedals (i.e the Orange Burst)... then I ask myself 'what would Jamerson do?' ... Answer = He'd plug straight in to the desk, and not be offered any work after 1975...

No... I've heard Stew's playing, and it sounds bloody great... obviously that's because of all them pedals! 😃

Blushes

• Haha 2

On 14 November 2019 at 18:07, stewblack said:

Compressor, Octaver, Distortion, Envelope, Chorus, is I think what I would go for, but I might need to sacrifice the compressor for a second distortion. One low gain one high. I'd power it with my little recheargable battery gizmo I think.

Impressed with those including a tuner or coming in under the five. You show restraint the like of which I can only dream about.

You can still keep your compressor if you use a Rodenberg overdrive/distortion.  It's a 808/909b combined with a switch. 

• Like 1

I’d probably go for Something similar to my set up now  

Tuner 

thumpinator- thinking of getting one anyway

wah - Wilson freaker

fuzz - Cog grand Tarkin (Want one but I have a homemade muff with blend knob instead, it does the job)

overdrive - I use a vt bass for this so prob keep it. 

power supply cioks dc5

so something like this:

27B6DB5B-E2CE-4201-B670-12FA882553AA.thumb.jpeg.0c8d2c5032972f7063e4188b37d7cec5.jpeg

Edited by simon88wilson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, simon88wilson said:

Tuner 

wah - Wilson freaker

fuzz - Cog grand Tarkin (Want one but I have a homemade muff with blend knob instead, it does the job)

power supply cioks dc5

so something like this:

27B6DB5B-E2CE-4201-B670-12FA882553AA.thumb.jpeg.0c8d2c5032972f7063e4188b37d7cec5.jpeg

Yeah I can see that getting the job done! Very nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simon88wilson said:

Tuner 

wah - Wilson freaker

power supply cioks dc5

so something like this:

Wilson make a mini Freaker now?! You shouldn't have shown me that!

Had the full size one, also the Chicago Iron Parachute many years ago. I miss it, probably the best wah I ever had.

• Like 1