Why become a member? ×

Peavey Classic 400 with 4x10 and 1x15

binky_bass

Depends mostly on the head I think.  I was looking for a Peavey Classic 400 and found them listed at prices from £325 through to over £1000 within the last 3 years.    Never managed to see one when I had cash - the £325 one sold rapidly.  If I was looking for one now (I'm not, bought something else instead), I'd expect pay £500 or so for a well used tatty one without major problems., much more for one that a collector might want.  Big old cabs are hard to shift, so not much for them, regardless of condition.   The Classic 400 is rare and has a (small) cult following so I think you'd have no problem moving it on if you didn't like it.  

Just my guess.  I'm often wrong which is why I have a house full of unsaleable crap.

• Haha 1

These were a true 'classic' - always loved the absolute brawn them - especially the black / steel grille versions..

Not entirely sure what they're worth these days but I'd expect to pay upwards of £500 as suggested above. Also suggested above is reference to the cabs - the 4x10 actually sound good but both are heavy and probably worth ~£100 each at best - probably less..