Why become a member? ×

HX Stomp + Morningstar MC6 ....”Tips & Tricks”

milford59

8 hours ago, ratman said:

You can change banks by programming a switch to do it. 

Thanks - but I didn’t want to use 2 of the existing switches on the box to do that.... so I have experimented with a “momentary” switch plugged in to one of the EXP sockets on the back of the MC6, and that scrolls the banks up and down. You have to configure the MC6 by holding down button D whilst powering it up, and then you can change the function of those EXP inputs to “Fixed SW1”

See full details here:

https://morningstarengineering.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/MC6MKII/pages/524689/v3.4#Change-Expression-Input---ExpInpt

The switch I used was the one that I have been using for my BeatBuddy...

I think we are both on about slightly different ways of doing things on the MC6. What I mean by assigning a switch to a Bank change is to press a switch once, and that takes you directly to the Bank. If you just want to do Bank Up or Bank Down then I think pressing A&B and B&C is the easiast way.

Don't forget that each Bank consists of the 6 switches you are looking at (Page 1), and a (Page 2) further 6 switches, so 12 switches available in all per Bank. You can assign a switch to change Pages within a Bank. I use the same switch on Page 1 & 2  to toggle between the pages. That leaves me 10 switches per Bank, ie 5 on each page,  left for other functions within that Bank. I hope all this makes sense.

That's why I love the MC6, it's an immensley powerful and versatile switcher. They made the desktop editor simple to use too.

3 hours ago, milford59 said:

I didn’t want to use 2 of the existing switches on the box to do that....

Edited by ratman

7 hours ago, ratman said:

I think we are both on about slightly different ways of doing things on the MC6. What I mean by assigning a switch to a Bank change is to press a switch once, and that takes you directly to the Bank. If you just want to do Bank Up or Bank Down then I think pressing A&B and B&C is the easiast way.

Don't forget that each Bank consists of the 6 switches you are looking at (Page 1), and a (Page 2) further 6 switches, so 12 switches available in all per Bank. You can assign a switch to change Pages within a Bank. I use the same switch on Page 1 & 2  to toggle between the pages. That leaves me 10 switches per Bank, ie 5 on each page,  left for other functions within that Bank. I hope all this makes sense.

That's why I love the MC6, it's an immensley powerful and versatile switcher. They made the desktop editor simple to use too.

You don’t necessarily even need to sacrifice a switch for changing pages as you can assign multiple messages to a button. You could have a long press be the command that switches pages but you could still use that button with any of the remaining actions. 

That's very true. I guess I've found my way to do things to suit my needs. I personally prefer that 1 switch does 1 thing - I like having the screen labelled to tell me clearly what is at my feet. With 30 Banks available there is no shortage of options with the MC6.