Why become a member? ×

Budget Gigging Amps/Rigs

TheoC

I can vouch for the Wharfedale cabs as I took the gamble last week - couldn't resist getting a  new 4x10 and 1x15 cab setup for under £200. They might be old stock but they are new old stock!

Hooked them up to a recent ebay purchase of an Ashdown Mag 300 (£78) and couldn't be happier with the outcome. It gives me a punchy, rich, dynamic, warm tone that is exactly what I've been after for years. I've been using a Trace BLX-130 combo to jam with forever but never really gelled with the sound (even though it has significant ability to alter it), just struggled to get exactly what I wanted out of it. Overall a great combo though, as a previous poster noted. Think I'll probably end up ebaying it as I have no use for it now I have the new gear.

Highly recommend the Wharfedale cabs - huge bang for your buck and they don't look too bad either (IMHO):-

Wharfedale.jpg

• Like 2

I've recently bought a Bugera Veyrom 1001T, planning to write a review soon. Cost about £260 - the 'M' version is cheaper (and probably more versatile). I wanted an old school tubey warmth and this delivers. It's as loud as you'll probably need - I'll be using it for all kinds of venues - and judging by users comments, seemingly pretty reliable. Gigged it for the first time at Cornwall Rocks festival on Sunday and had s number of compliments on my tone!