Why become a member? ×

This does not effect function or safety at all...

b7l4s

21 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Chip off the old block?

Interesting in that I thought Affinity's had those shonky Tuners with little rectangular boxes over the gearing but this one has open Tuners like the VM and CV Squiers

Maybe they're replacements - I've got an Affinity P and it's got the enclosed tuners.

Mine's not a bad £50 bass.

Edited by prowla

So - you drop your bass (or more realistically, use it to demolish a wall) and as a result knock a f*ck-off big chunk out of the body.

Do you a: attempt to glue the piece back in,

Or b: lob the bit of wood on the fire & go "sod it. no-one'll notice".

:lol:

33 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

You can just buy a good condition squier affinity off ebay for £30 and use the body from that instead.

Good idea - and then you can sell the left over neck to get some cash with which you can get the damaged body fixed! All you need to do then is buy another £30 Squier to obtain a neck for it at a decent price... and then the left over body is all profit 🙂 </irony> This is probably how how he should not be named got started...

Anyhoo - somehow this has reached over £70 with 10 hours to go... what am I missing, apart from a pathological desire to throw away money?

2 hours ago, b7l4s said:

Good idea - and then you can sell the left over neck to get some cash with which you can get the damaged body fixed! All you need to do then is buy another £30 Squier to obtain a neck for it at a decent price... and then the left over body is all profit 🙂 </irony> This is probably how how he should not be named got started...

Anyhoo - somehow this has reached over £70 with 10 hours to go... what am I missing, apart from a pathological desire to throw away money?

Nothing - you’ve sussed it.