Why become a member? ×

Eden 210XLT tweeter vs SWR

ATJD

Hi all, this my first post! I have had the same bass rig for 20 years now.....an Eden WT400 plus and an SWR Triad mk1. Both have served me well, but the Triad is getting heavier and heavier! So, I have recently acquired a SWR Goliath jr2 and a David Eden XLT210 (2001). I am very impressed with both cabs, but have noticed that the tweeter adjustment in the Eden seems very subtle compared to the SWR, which in comparison is very obvious! I have checked the limiter bulb and that is fine. I just wondered if this is normal for an Eden? 

Any comments welcome and appreciated.

I suspect it is just more subtle by design.  The SWR tweeter is not very refined, especially at higher settings.  

I have an “Eden made” early Redhead combo (essentially a Goliath Jnr cab, first version) and the tweeter is very loud and has to be almost turned off to sound pleasant to my ears.  But with my Goliath II 4x10 it was the opposite- the attenuator had to be on about 75% to really near the tweeter at all.  I think this is just a product of the driver combinations and a passive crossover.

Eden was very much looking to provide a more refined/warmer sounding version of the SWR experience ( the David vs Goliath branding was very intentional, as was the silver vs gold tweeter horn) so my best guess is that is what you are noticing in the 2x10 cabs you have.  

Enjoy! 😎

Edited by BassBod

Quick side note - if there is a problem with these tweeters, either they make no sound at all, or there is a very noticeable fizzy distortion. The only things to go wrong are the diaphragm getting fried, or the fuse/bulb blowing.  I guess the attenuator pot could also be damaged, but I've never seen that happen.   

That’s very reassuring, thank you for the reply. The tweeter is definitely working....just a little. Interesting what you said about the Goliath II. I have just bought one and the tweeter is indeed subtle on that too!!! Thanks again for your input. 

• Thanks 1